Junior teams - Trials, teams and players

kellyanne

S36reject. I'd just like you to pass some ifo on to your mate.

I can assure you that your mates son would not always be sub and here are two reasons why.

1. Each manager has to send in monthly training and playing records. These are submitted in triplicate to the General Manager who would spot it and make sure any if their were any glaring errors and the manager would be spoken to about it.

2. On top of this I doubt he was always sub as the Under 9s are short of players and rearly have subs available, hence the advert.

If your mate feels this way perhaps he sould have approached the manager or the club executive and this could be looked into.

As to losing every week when players join our club they know they are joining a club who do not go with the win at all costs mentallity. We give every player regardless of abilty a chance to play and enjoy it without the pressures seen and enforced at clubs.

If your mate it still with the club and has issues I urge him to get in touch with the Executive so we can look into this claim. Thanks

It's my son and I'm going to de-register him because of a different issue. I'll take somewhere else that he will get a fair deal.

I'm sorry, but when 1 player wins 3 man of the match awards out of 5 matches when everyone is supposed to get the chance, especially when the parent of the same child kicks off because he didn't win it last week as well. That's just plain greedy and totally unfair.

My son maybe isn't the best player in the team but he deserves a bit of recognition when he's played well.

I'm very angry about it.

I'm sorry you feel this way. We are disappointed to hear about anyone who is not happy at the club and we do have procedures in place to try and sort these out. Firstly discuss it with the manager and if he/she can't resolve it. The next step is to contact the Club Secretary.

In the next few weeks we will be having parents meetings at Ecclesfield Comp whilst the kids are training. I urge you to attend and discuss your frustrations. If you do not want to do this in front of everyone you have the opportunity to come and meet some of the Executive to discuss privately.

This issue you talk about is it because your son has not won a man of the match award yet?. Its early on in the season and MOTM awards are given for that extra effort and perhaps this player has done just that. I don't know gives the award different teams do it different ways. I have been involved in where the ref gives it and in another team the parents award it, another option is for the opposistion a manager to pick it.

A final word on this as I feel the forum is not the place to discuss this. Get in touch asap

This is one of the reasons I have stopped my 8 year old from joining up with a Sunday league side, it's too much pressure on kid's which are too young.

OK there are rules put in place to make it enjoyable and all that codswolop but at the end of the day I heard so many bad things about this level of football it's untrue, unruly parents, bad refereeing, favoritism with certain players etc, nah he can start up when joins senior school, plenty of time from 11 and learns enough playing with us fellas.

CorkerSWFC..I and the club are firm believers in making football as enjoyable as possible.Yes their are hiccups along the way. If it was up to us no club would be allowed to trial for players before they move to 11 aside ,however the junleage do not believe in this and that is why we have ultra competive clubs with a win at all cost menality even at Under 8.

Our club was set up over 25 years and has been run successfully with a no trials policy ,giving players of lesser abilty a chance to play and be part of a team.

And yes i agree there are unruly parents and the league do their best to weed them out but on the whole the kids do enjoy it so please don't deny your child the chance to play because of the minority.

CorkerSWFC..I and the club are firm believers in making football as enjoyable as possible.Yes their are hiccups along the way. If it was up to us no club would be allowed to trial for players before they move to 11 aside ,however the junleage do not believe in this and that is why we have ultra competive clubs with a win at all cost menality even at Under 8.

Our club was set up over 25 years and has been run successfully with a no trials policy ,giving players of lesser abilty a chance to play and be part of a team.

And yes i agree there are unruly parents and the league do their best to weed them out but on the whole the kids do enjoy it so please don't deny your child the chance to play because of the minority.

I'm not denting his chance to play I'm merely waiting a couple more years when he can make more decisions for himself, I didn't start playing until i was under 12's and Ive played semi pro in Wales the lot, i just think it's too young at that age, good luck for the season though mind i hope it's a success for you all :)

• 4 months later...
Mmm. Not sure about Hillsborough Pumas. Possibly Beighton, Middlewood and Earl Marshal.

why dont you dishearten children by telling them they wont get promoted?

on the scale of things it doesnt really matter who goes up aslong as they are all learning and keeping fit, quite pathetic tbh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived