Junior teams - Trials, teams and players

kellyanne

The idea of mini soccer is to give all the players of all abilities as much pitch time as possible to develop as some develop at different stages.I have had players who could not kick a ball at 7 year old become some of the better players through encouragement & perserverance.Unfortunately the kids game is over complicated by adults with massive egos who dont put any effort into coaching the correct way all they want is winners medals & trophies & we wonder why the English game is so far behind the continentals.Let the game be the teacher no standing in lines give every player a ball & they will develop at their own pace,but sometimes their pace is not fast enough for the waac (win at all costs) coaches.Half hour after a game 9 year olds have forgot the score adults dont & think their kids should be in teams that always win.

Just my opinion

Daz

Having watched all 3 of my lads progress through Junior teams, I think the real development takes place from 11/12 year for most of the players I've watched play, anyone who picks up and shows ability prior to that usually tend to go on to bigger and better things anyway.

What I always encouraged my lads to do was to listen and to play as a team player from an early age, passing the ball and not being over selfish.

I think it's important to try and establish a position for players from an early age and to learn to play that position and not to drift into other positions or try to play more than one position, but at the same time I think you never really know a players true position at times until they get a few years older than u9 level as obviously growth, strenght etc determine where players are suited.

Like said at U9 I really think the main things to focus on are the key skills and responsilities of the game, and to ensure the lads first and foremost are enjoying playing the game and playing as part of a team. It's important to try and get a winning mentality into their heads also from an early age, and should a team win it shouldn't be changed I don't think.

Outside influences such as parents etc shouldn't have any form of influence in the selection of the squad, however should they have knowledge of how to work with children of that age and a likeable personality that the lads would take to, and obviously should they be clear of all of the current CRB checks then I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to have some form of additional responsibility in helping develop the players should all of the players and parents be ok with that.

Woodman jfc are looking for players to join their newly formed under 10s football team.

Players must be entering year 5 in September.

All coaches have F.A. level 1 in coaching football qualifications including first aid and safeguarding children,as well as being crb checked.

We are located in the s13 area of Sheffield.

Woodman jfc are hoping to recreate the success of their last 2 seasons under 10s teams,who both have secured promotion by being their division winners.

If you are interested in joining a local and successful club then please feel free to inbox me for training days and times,thanks

Aston Swallownest FC under 14's (Y9 in Sept) are looking for enthusiastic *and talented players in all positions for our 2011/2012 season in division C.

Trials and training tuesday evenings 6.30pm from 14th June at Lodge Lane playing fields, off lodge lane, Aston S26.

For further details please contact John on 07711 465844 or pm me your details and we will call you.

We are a FA charter standard club.

Norton Lees Juniors FC UNDER 11’s (FA Charter Standard Club) will be holding trials for players for the new season. (Players should be Y6 in September 2011)

We are currently looking for players in all positions to trial to join our NEW team for the 2011/2012 season. If you are interested please call Freddy on 07790 556040.

Trials and training sessions will be held at 11 o clock on Sunday mornings in Graves Park, near the cricket pavilion on Cobnar Road. Post code for satnav is S8 8QE.

For more details message me or call me to discuss.

Yours in sport,

Norton Lees Juniors FC

http://WWW.NORTONLEESJFC.CO.UK

ENJOY - LEARN - PLAY – WIN

In S2, S8, S12 or S14?

Norton Lees Juniors FC UNDER 11’s (FA Charter Standard Club) will be holding trials for players for the new season. (Players should be Y6 in September 2011)

We are currently looking for players in all positions to trial to join our NEW team for the 2011/2012 season. If you are interested please call Freddy on 07790 556040.

Trials and training sessions will be held at 11 o clock on Sunday mornings in Graves Park, near the cricket pavilion on Cobnar Road. Post code for satnav is S8 8QE.

For more details message me or call me to discuss.

Yours in sport,

Norton Lees Juniors FC

http://WWW.NORTONLEESJFC.CO.UK

ENJOY - LEARN - PLAY – WIN

Archived