The new 101 telephone service

I wouldn't say it's a 999 call but definitely a 2202020 - the police switch - and ask them for an incident number - it's criminal damage when cars are damaged isn't it? And any insurance company will want a crime incident number.

I always thought that but a few weeks ago someone threw a brick through my back windscreen, I rang my insurance company, sorted out to go to Autoglass, with no mention of a crime incident number.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

I'd phone 999 and if they get snotty about it not being an emergency tell them to get their 101 sorted out then!

I'm sure the old lady who has just been mugged will wait quietly in the queue to be answered while you play at being a smart arse.

:loopy:

I'd phone 999 and if they get snotty about it not being an emergency tell them to get their 101 sorted out then!

If you need the cops, you got no hope.

Accepted, being kept awake until 4am is not a life or death thing, but its a bummer when the alarm goes off at 7am in the morning and you got to go to work, and the people who kept you awake can stay in bed

I'm sure the old lady who has just been mugged will wait quietly in the queue to be answered while you play at being a smart arse.

:loopy:

Exactly my point for godsake!!!! It should prompt them into improving their service! Not about being a smart arse. Its about pointing about that you wouldnt have had to do it if they did what they were bloody supposed to.

So keep the 'loopy' symbol for yourself!

And if someone is having stones thrown at their door and frightened to the point of shaking then its just as urgent! Pfft.

Exactly my point for godsake!!!! It should prompt them into improving their service! Not about being a smart arse. Its about pointing about that you wouldnt have had to do it if they did what they were bloody supposed to.

And if someone is having stones thrown at their door and frightened to the point of shaking then its just as urgent! Pfft.

The point is you are proposing ringing 999 trying to get them to improve their service , which slows down the response to a genuine emergency, possibly at the cost of someones life.

The point is you are proposing ringing 999 trying to get them to improve their service , which slows down the response to a genuine emergency, possibly at the cost of someones life.

I think you have an inability to read properly! I said phone them up (about the attack with snowball stones and frightened to the point of shaking and not being able to talk properly) and IF they mention about it not being an emergency and get snotty THEN tell them that you had no choice as their other system failed to do what it was supposed to! :roll::loopy: (I DID NOT SAY JUST PHONE UP TO MOAN ABOUT THE SERVICE DID I) :rolleyes:

And I suspect you are just happy to have a pop at the Police and the people who take their calls. :)

Cant you read?

I said I would respond to them if THEY got snotty with ME. Otherwise as my comment states I would just explain my problem and the attack that was happening.

Now i suggest you either read what I have actually put or go and talk utter garbage on another thread.

I can read quite well thanks , and if you took the attitude you have shown on here to someone who has politely disagreed with you and carried that into a phone call with the Police then I could well imagine they would get snotty with you.

I can read quite well thanks , and if you took the attitude you have shown on here to someone who has politely disagreed with you and carried that into a phone call with the Police then I could well imagine they would get snotty with you.

My attitude with me is simply because you had a go at me for saying something i hadnt actually said!! All because you didnt read it properly!! :roll:

So next time you take it upon yourself to try and pull someone up on something I suggest you actually READ IT.