The new 101 telephone service

And there we disagree.

Your actually quite a funny little thing arent you.

Anyway, your boring me. Come back when you have read what i actually put!!

I hope the OP got their problem sorted, and to anyone else if you are that scared at what someone is doing and 101 dont do anything and you are in danger dont hesitate to call 999 :)

Actually.

If something is happening NOW and you feel in DANGER just ring 999 , because thats what its there for. 101 and 2202020 are for NON emergency matters where an IMMEDIATE response is not required

Yes thats right. well done. She phoned 101 when it was happening and she felt in danger and they were rubbish, next time she would be better ringing 999. And if 101 couldnt help they should have said so in the call and advised her what to do!

Yes thats right. well done. She phoned 101 when it was happening and she felt in danger and they were rubbish, next time she would be better ringing 999. And if 101 couldnt help they should have said so in the call and advised her what to do!

Listened to the phone call have you ?

Yeah because if you ring 999 they will prioritse your call anyway, so let them how serious it is. If people were chucking stones at my window I think I would.

exactly, in fairness to the op she thought 101 would be ok and rightly so, but they should have told her they couldn't responded quick enough and this person should have been given options. But clearly she wasn't otherwise she wouldn't have sat waiting in a frightened state for so long.

I wouldn't say it's a 999 call but definitely a 2202020 - the police switch - and ask them for an incident number - it's criminal damage when cars are damaged isn't it? And any insurance company will want a crime incident number.

I always thought that but a few weeks ago someone threw a brick through my back windscreen, I rang my insurance company, sorted out to go to Autoglass, with no mention of a crime incident number.

I always would ask for an incident number anyway, so it doesn't become another "lost" incident.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes