The new 101 telephone service

I have contacted sheffield homes about this anti social behaviour (ASB)and been given acis housing telephone number - who have taken this complaint and are going to send a member of their ASB team out and also post out a complaint form, however my neighbour has told me that on phoning the police at attercliffe (our area station) they have had nothing from 101 and the incident numbers we have are not on their system for attention - in other words - are unaware of these incidents or the others from a few weeks back!!!!! We have now got the station number and will use this if the youths continue with their intimidation.

• 1 month later...

Well... I just got my phone bill in and am NOT impressed at being charged 30p a minute to this number!!!:rant:

I've used this number three times since christmas:

1x vandalism

1x anti social behaviour

1x fly tipping

all pretty serious incidents of the above but I did what I was supposed to do, and that was to contact 101 and not 999. Well in future they can S O D OFF. :mad:

I suppose I know in my heart its a low price to pay but really? 30p a MINUTE?? :o pfffffft not impressed.

Well... I just got my phone bill in and am NOT impressed at being charged 30p a minute to this number!!!:rant:

I've used this number three times since christmas:

1x vandalism

1x anti social behaviour

1x fly tipping

all pretty serious incidents of the above but I did what I was supposed to do, and that was to contact 101 and not 999. Well in future they can S O D OFF. :mad:

I suppose I know in my heart its a low price to pay but really? 30p a MINUTE?? :o pfffffft not impressed.

I dont believe you:

How much will it cost to call 101?

Calls to the 101 service will be charged at a fixed rate of 10p per call, whether from landlines or mobiles.

This decision was taken following consultation with a wide group of stakeholders and research with the public. The research showed that a small fixed charge would not put people off calling the service. It was the preference of our stakeholders and the professional advice of experts to charge 10p per call as this will reduce the likelihood of the service being abused.

The call charge will go to the telecom providers to offset the cost to them of carrying calls.

From http://www.101.gov.uk/faqs/index.html

Even if your on a mobile, its 10p.

I suggest you have a go at you mobile operator and direct them to the link I provided.

All part off Rip off Britain

Err, no, its all part of the OP's mobile/landline operator (not clear which) making a mistake with billing.

Its obvious to all that its 10p PER CALL from the link I provided.

OUCH id ring up and complain again say its ridiculous see if you can get it deducted or you will leave their contract...my mum told sky TV that she was appalled they had charged her for a service she wasnt getting she said refund it or i leave, she left, they're begging for her back.