The new 101 telephone service

I didn't think the 101 number charged by the minute but it was a flat fee per call, regardless of cost?

Yes, it is 15p per call. Whether it's per call or minute it's still a rip off.

That said, my main beef was the time it takes to answer. That's the main reason people don't bother. The 15p just makes matters worse.

Edited by wassamadda1

the old lady phoned me for help because they was at her door and was frightened to be overheard talking on phone but she had phoned 101 a month ago when the yobs started and i knew about it all so she could tell me what was happening without letting them hear

Right, let me get this right. She did not call 101 herself as she was frightened of being overheard so she decided to phone you instead?

I think it's time to fess up. Your story has more holes in it than a sieve.

Right, let me get this right. She did not call 101 herself as she was frightened of being overheard so she decided to phone you instead?

I think it's time to fess up. Your story has more holes in it than a sieve.

like your brain you mean, i know shes had trouble and had phoned 101 and had a visit from council and they gave her something to write down times and dates of incidents. because they was outside her front door she was affraid they would overhear her explaining to 101 so she phoned me and said ;they are back; so i told her i would phone on her behalf. when a old lady in her 80s is terrified what do you expect me to do hide behind a keyboard. confession made :confused:

like your brain you mean, i know shes had trouble and had phoned 101 and had a visit from council and they gave her something to write down times and dates of incidents. because they was outside her front door she was affraid they would overhear her explaining to 101 so she phoned me and said ;they are back; so i told her i would phone on her behalf. when a old lady in her 80s is terrified what do you expect me to do hide behind a keyboard. confession made :confused:

It appears you have anger issues. Calm down with the name calling. Erm you did hide... You didn't exactly go to her aid did you.

what a waste of time this is ive been on the phone in a queue for 23 mins and still no answer :help:

i aint a keyboard warrior like you but if a old lady living on her own gets terrorised by low life junkies i for 1 aint prepared to sit an a pc and do nothing

For the record, not just for Johnme

To report a serious crime or a crime in progress you dial 999

For a non-emergency issue you dial 101

After reading #12 from Piggipower it is easy to see why the system is clogged. The 101 does need better resourcing with relevant and quick reporting.

Get a few neighbours together and just be present, if people are up to no good they don't want others looking on and will leave. At night put all the lights on to make the house look fully occupied and active.

To put a description report together if there are a few of them and a few of you, mark one person each and go through

Age, Build, Clothing, Distinguishing features, Eyes , Face , Gait, Hair, Height, Race, Sex

Edited by SportsTrophy