Cargo & Ug [ FREE LAUNCH PARTY ] 23_01_10 at SAWA

die 2B loco

Loving the fact that everyone is really buzzing about this... All of these quality nights operating in this wicked little venue is getting me really hopefull for the future of house music in Sheffield.
lets hope it lasts and people actually support it. I know that I will on my rare nights out

Yeah lets hope so. I'm sure they will... we've had lots of positive messages on the facebook event so fingers crossed we should be onto a winner.
as much as I despise snobbery and elitism Sawa's greatest strength will be that it doesn't become too popular. As soon as it gets mega popular its appeal and ethos will be diminished

as much as I despise snobbery and elitism Sawa's greatest strength will be that it doesn't become too popular. As soon as it gets mega popular its appeal and ethos will be diminished

I know what you mean. Hopefully we can recreate the atmosphere that UG had at The Fez and that Cargo has had this year at Lions Lair: enough likeminded individuals to fill the place but not too popular or fashionable that it doesnt feel special.

I think we're onto something.

I don't see how the ethos would diminish, surely that emanates down from the owners, promoters, DJs etc and remains regardless? It's possibly doing them a discredit to suggest otherwise.

I think in terms of what you mean, its location is quite key - like Dulo before it, the fact it's out of the way means you've got to be making a special effort to go there, so there's less chance of having 'joe public' popping in on the way to Lloyds etc and you're more likely to be surrounded by like-minded peeps. It's nice to have somewhere to hang out that feels a bit more special and not just 'another bar'.

Anyway, no need to over-analyse things, it'll be awesome. I like disco dancing and disco dancing likes me.

Archived