Anyone Remember Howard Jones Playing At Myers Grove?

After Seeing A Thread About The Recent Decline Of Myers Grove School.I Thought I'd Ask If Anyone Can Remember When Howard Jones Came To Play A Couple Of Concerts?

It Must Have Been In About 1985,Because They Were Running A Nationwide Competition At The Time,To See Which School Could Raise The Most Cash For The Live Aid Fund.

Myers Grove Won The Competition And A Concert Was The Prize,However,As The School Was That Big He Had To Put On 2 Shows.

I Can Remember Having To Go To The Evening Performance,But Little Else,Other Than The Mime Fella He Used To Have Hanging Around On Stage.

However,Giving The Type Of Music I Listen To These Days And The Bands I've Seen,I Can Be Embarrassing When People Ask You "What Was The First Gig You Went To?":gag:

Hello, Yes i do remmember Howard playing the Myers Grove school in 1985/86 i do believe. He was a big star then. I saw him and wanted to be in a band i now am and know him really well now. Although i do profess i did go to King Edward VII School on Glossop Road. I had loads of mates that went to Myers grove School though. Wasn't that the school where the headmaster's wife was killed by that crazy laywer who fled to france?. Anyway it was a great school Myers was. Like any school though now, just when they stopped corpral punishment everyone went crazy in schools because they knew they could get away with it. Thats do gooders for you though.:clap:

I went to MGS at that time - at the time of Live Aid - Mr Astle, the art teacher, was going to loads of concerts, taking photos, and getting them signed - we raised an absolute stack for Ethiopia, but were running neck and neck with another school for the biggest amount. I think both schools got a concert in the long run.

And that bloke that did all the mime was there too, if I remember correctly?

Archived