Anyone Remember Howard Jones Playing At Myers Grove?

Originally posted by BoroughGal

I went to MGS at that time - at the time of Live Aid - Mr Astle, the art teacher, was going to loads of concerts, taking photos, and getting them signed - we raised an absolute stack for Ethiopia, but were running neck and neck with another school for the biggest amount. I think both schools got a concert in the long run.

And that bloke that did all the mime was there too, if I remember correctly?

I was at Myers at the time, Mr Lloyd was my year tutor. It was great. I organised a walk from Holy Bush to Riv Post Office and back, but we did it backwards ! So who are you then, perhaps I knew you??

I was there. I think we raised just over 4000 pounds to win the national competition. I remember everyone trying to get a peak of Howard before the show. I think they had him in the science block for some reason...? At least, we were hanging around there out towards the path round to lower school (as it was then).

Like someone else said - It's kinda embarassing that this was my first gig. I think I may have fibbed about it a bit when I started hanging out at Rebels. :)

Originally posted by headup

I was there. I think we raised just over 4000 pounds to win the national competition. I remember everyone trying to get a peak of Howard before the show. I think they had him in the science block for some reason...? At least, we were hanging around there out towards the path round to lower school (as it was then).

Like someone else said - It's kinda embarassing that this was my first gig. I think I may have fibbed about it a bit when I started hanging out at Rebels. :)

Hi, I was in the 5th yr when he came. I beleive Mrs Hollister cooked him a meal, Nut Roast I guess. So who are you, would I know you ? drop me a personal message.

The first gig I ever saw was Howard Jones at the Sheffield city Hall. I think I was about 9 at the time and I was totally mesmerised. I loved his playing and his songs. I was fascinated at the beginning with the mime guy and Howard Jones fake fighting dancey thing.

I've loved his music for years as well as Sheffields finest 80's band The Human League.

A few years ago I found myself at an aftershow party he was at and I wanted to tell him he was the reason I became a piano player and a singer. For the first time and only time ever, I was completely dumbstruck! Never did tell him. So, If you see him....pass it on haha:hihi:

• 3 years later...

Archived