George oxleys, vulcan foundry

did anybody on here work at george oxley and sons ltd iron foundry on attercliffe road in the 90,s? i was the cupola furnaceman apprentice under glyn jones.would love to here from anybody out there who worked there or knows somebody who did.

thanks, big jon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
did anybody on here work at george oxley and sons ltd iron foundry on attercliffe road in the 90,s? i was the cupola furnaceman apprentice under glyn jones.would love to here from anybody out there who worked there or knows somebody who did.

thanks, big jon.

hey up big jon, i know this was posted a long time ago but hopefully u get this reply... its darren markham i worked at oxleys wi u back in the 90's.. my dad also worked there and my grandad did too, i bumped into glyn a few months ago an i was asking if he had seen u...

• 7 years later...
On 01/02/2013 at 19:42, darren11 said:

hey up big jon, i know this was posted a long time ago but hopefully u get this reply... its darren markham i worked at oxleys wi u back in the 90's.. my dad also worked there and my grandad did too, i bumped into glyn a few months ago an i was asking if he had seen u...

My wife's dad, Eugene Huntingdon, worked there up to the 80s. Names of people we can remember he mentioned; Eric Stead, Ken in the pattern shop, a black man called John and Pennington in the office. Eric jumped into the river Don while on fire one day, Eugene dressed his wounds as he refused to go to hospital, Eric was quite a character.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at Oxleys  69 to 73 & knew Gene quite well. He was a  lovely fella & I really got on with him.I seem to recall my mate telling me about Eric after I had left. Knew all the people you mentioned and have some great memories of working there.