Is the Porter Cottage permanently closed?

alas_alas

Does anyone know why the Porter Cottage has been closed, and when, if at all, it's due to re-open?

I've had enough of the trend-setting Lescar for now...

It hasn't been closed apart from a few days for its refurb, in November.

It is well and truly open, I think every night from 5. It hasn't been open in the day for years.

I went in there for a drink just before xmas. We tried the Lescar first but it was full of rude, smelly, people who take up all the seats nursing a half for two hours and the bar staff were terrible. They took forever to serve the people waiting and then ignored everybody else to serve a regular when he lifted his glass to the barman. I don't ever remember it being that bad before.

And when I say 'it must've been closed much of late December' maybe it's more to do with my booze-hounding and not the Porter's opening hours!

Agreed, Lescar's often full of 'scenesters' and doesn't keep itself according to its reputation

I must agree with you here, the lescar has gone rapidly downhill in recent months.

Since the new landlady started the place has done nothing but got worse. All the friendly staff seem to have left and along with them a fair number of the regulars have also departed and moved pubs. The place no longer has the nice atmosphere it once had, not to mention the terrible service and rude staff : )

Archived