Does anyone work for Freemans in Sheffield?

My goodness, this forum has really become bitter.

Lets hope the snide comments / one to one chat have helped the OP, and that he/she's not been sacked for not turning in because of the snow and not calling.

Whether or not that's the case, I'm sure the experience you provided to a new user of this forum needing a quick answer, and whilst not necessarily having the time to read the multiple site rules while the snow drifted, enabled them to enjoy the experience of being generally mocked whilst still being largely ignored.

Some of the other 'regulars' have been happy to look on, whilst mostly able to stay at home for one reason or another whilst taking the moral highground, maybe ought to spend tomorrow's inevitable snow day reflecting a little on their own short comings.

A simple search of this very site indicates that 0114 2635555 is a general number to contact the company that might be of use.

Hope this helps, but feel seure this will have disappeared quite quickly.

• 2 months later...

I worked for Freemans for 10 years and can honestly say it went downhill over the last few years. A fair few of my mates got suspended a couple of years ago and some of them even dismissed over something which even the Managers there did not own up to. Yet - the Managers ALL kept their jobs.

I guess if you have a boob job and strut around in High Heels all day, you're safe!!!!! So if you are thinking of applying for a job there, think twice.

Believe me, there ARE better jobs out there and better Managers.

I left as i could not stand it anymore and have never looked back.

I now work for a REPUTABLE company where i do not have to explain why i spent more than 2 minutes at the toilet and am no longer linked to a machine which hangs on to my every move. I'M FREE!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I guess Freemans has its good and bad points. At the time, it was my first "proper job", so it gave me money and experience. They were strict with holidays etc. The team leaders all had their own favourites and I guess if your face didn't fit, they let you know about it.

Just curious, but does Lucy Smith, Lyndsey Marsden and Liz Woods (all managers) still work there???

• 5 months later...

All of the above managers have left now and a word to anyone thinking of joining this company DON'T, i worked there for a number of years and it is the worst place i have ever ever worked .

Poor managment stroppy Team Leaders this place has it all and as for the "development programme" what a joke you do a job on secondment for as long as they want you to then apply for it only to be told your not good enough to do it then they want to second you again doing the same job so that they don't have to employ anyone full time.

Worst Workplace ever, Not a great place to work as is the company slogan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...