Does anyone work for Freemans in Sheffield?

My sister worked there including friends, it sounds like the kind of job you would avoid at all costs unless you are absolutley desperate. I work across the road and can see freeman staff having a fag break, most look miserable!

I worked at Freeman’s for 25years - I had the most marvelous job in which I learnt such a lot and met so many fantastic people. Most of my success is due to the things I learnt during this time. Unfortunately things change and times move on. Obviously profit has always been an essential part to business but nowadays no matter how much is made, more is wanted and sometimes other things suffer due to this - eg;-Training, Managerial pressure and loyalty. I don’t know if this has happened to Freeman’s but where ever we find ourselves - our whole working environments are changing to get through these difficult times. I cannot see Freeman’s being any worse that any other call centre, – All having to answer to the next person above them to meet their targets to succeed.

Freeman’s paid my wages for 25yrs, a fantastic working environment, and wonderful loyal staff giving 100% customer satisfaction. I do hope that this continues as it was hard work to get there. –If show commitment and willingness to work hard then I am sure you will be rewarded and have a wonderful career ahead of you no matter where go.

I worked at freemans for 20 years, I took redundancy in 2005. I worked on business processing. I loved working there but things changed almost at once as soon as they moved from town to Attecliffe. For me it was the fact that the work diminished so much on BP we were struggling to find things to do after 4 hours this is the reason I left although I could see the moral in all the staff getting lower month by month. At one time, many years ago you were the luckiest person to get set on at Freemans, they were the best employers in the world, how things change.

Here Here on the last paragraph - Totally understand what you are saying and I suppose the others re the move - I was on the very first course when BP was first set up and taken from C'pham , there was only about 16 of us and it was such a Gr8 place to work. Yes I was one of the lucky ones where everyone knew everybody and all willing to work hard to show how gr8 the Sheffield office could operate. 50p tops from the staff shop, vending machines switched on free by Flo at breaks - awe memories - Yes things did change - for the better - perhaps not.

Here Here on the last paragraph - Totally understand what you are saying and I suppose the others re the move - I was on the very first course when BP was first set up and taken from C'pham , there was only about 16 of us and it was such a Gr8 place to work. Yes I was one of the lucky ones where everyone knew everybody and all willing to work hard to show how gr8 the Sheffield office could operate. 50p tops from the staff shop, vending machines switched on free by Flo at breaks - awe memories - Yes things did change - for the better - perhaps not.

How long did you work there. Did you become a supervisor on bp