What killed darnall and the libs club

craig12

I was drinking in the morning the other day with fellow Europeans, some of them look more English than me! They learn Yorkshire slang good enough for me anyhow :hihi:

Perhaps a new libs club is in order eh?

Feel free then to reopen the libs then for our east european "friends" who will drink from 10 am. I am sure you will bring perfect harmony to Darnall.

what has killed darnall and the libs club.......quite a straightforward question on the face of it, but heres the facts.. there used to be tons of people on darnall when i was growing up in 1976-9 and the darnall libs was so packed they had to build a much bigger concert room, you could say that the steel works have gone, but i still dont think thats enough,

what about the smokin ban, well yes but it was on the decline years ago, cheap booze in shops.... well yes but the club provided bingo,live entertainment, snooker, games nights, and when i was a kid you still had your beer off,s like .. bates wine shop,,

the people moved away, well i dont think thats the reason,

take the arundel,and manor club.. packed out

what has turned darnall into the ghost town it is today, and the libs close?

It's not just limited to the Libs though what happened to the Conservative Club? Had one of the best snooker tables in Sheffield. There were also some great pubs like the Halfway with the bowling green at the back.

You can see why no one drinks in Darnall now,only one pub left "The Terminus" and if you should have the unfortunate experience to "go in " the clientele says it all.People who think the world owes them a living,but have a very big opinion of themselves.

:hihi::hihi:So true

Archived