Did anyone go to St.Peter's School in 1959 thru' 1961

Hey BIGLIL, So you must be Liam ! sorry to hear bout your Miare, hows the rest of the Touheys ? hows Kevin ? your Shaun was at my house a couple of years ago to quote on some cavity wall insulation, I was at work so we never met up, pity..any way, email me mbrennan@udce.co.uk lets have a pint and catch up, would be great to see you, Mick

Mick, this is Paul T. Liam , Kevin and Sean are all fine as are the sisters.

I don't know how often Liam looks on here, I will let him know you were asking about him.

Mick, this is Paul T. Liam , Kevin and Sean are all fine as are the sisters.

I don't know how often Liam looks on here, I will let him know you were asking about him.

Hi Paul,

Great to hear from you and to know the family is fine, s'pose Im at that age now (55) when you start thinking of the kids you grew up with, best times and all that, would be nice to catch up with you all, dont want to sound morbid but as you get older you seem to attend more funerals and I guess it makes you think it would be nice to meet up again with some of those old pals !, yes please pass my email onto everyone, hopefully they will get in touch.

All the best Paul

Mick Brennan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

My mum went to St Peters in the 60's - her name was Marguerite Charlesworth until she got married.

She is one of 8 kids not sure if anyone remembers any of the others - Tony, John, Lou, Christine, Julia, Marie and Kath.

All the girls used to be on the rounders team! I've seen lots of pictures of them in their rounders team shots!

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Yes I remember Mr Farmery, Mr McNerny ( a lovely man),Sister Josephine not so lovely! Sister Veronica was very nice,Mr Anyon, Mr Cherry, the headmaster was Mr Fitzpatrick.Have lived in Cornwall for over 30 years,but have happy memories of home.

Angela Bennetts(was Davies)

• 3 months later...

"Went up to see what was left of the school the other day. Was very sad to see an overgrown wasteground where St Peters was."

I left there 69/70, and did visit the old site when I was visiting Sheffield last year. Does anyone know of any renuions? I have a class photo which I will post on here when I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a bit of a re-union happening for St Pete's pupils from that era

This is copied from Sacred Heart Church Newsletter:

The former pupils of Sacred Heart, and St. Peters schools, that are 60 years old this year, are holding a reunion. The date and venue for the reunion is the 25th November (at 7.30pm) at the Kelham Island Tavern. (Just google it and you’ll get directions – its famous). If you are 60 this year (or there abouts), and fancy a get together come and join in. No food, no fuss, just a get together and a drink or two. So far, Tony (Vince) Giles, Peter O’Brien, Terry Haggerty, Greg Heapy, Peter Mannion, Marion Meegan, Margaret Garretty, Christopher Smith and couple of others will be there. Please bring any photo’s for sharing, on the night, of the way we were. Please also bring memories and stories too. Look forward to seeing you there. Please pass this on to others.

Thanks