Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

Heres an idea how about I dont and dont get arrested for harrassment or have the brothers and husbands looking to do me in ?

How about if you dont like my oppinions you ignore them and dont let them get to you ?

Do you think that anyone forced by tradition and community is going to be honnest to a stranger and whisper 'Im forced into it, please get me out of it' and 'dont let the husband know that I have told you these words or my burka will be nessersary to cover the bruising'

You're making a helluva lot of assumptions there, which shows how your mind works :rolleyes:. How about presuming they will be helpful and honest and you won't get beats for just doing a survey?

Because it's another woman and she's covering up her face as if she's been made to feel ashamed of being female ... and there's something instrinsically wrong with that. Personally I find them totally offputting and deeply disrespectful to everyone else, and a little scary. Clowns and people with big sunnies worry me too. I like to be able to see to whom I'm speaking.

Although I have to say the only woman I've seen in my area wearing one is white and ginger, and when it's hot, she just flings it back over her head ... which I have to confess makes me giggle like a fool :D

Please don't ever take to wearing one, I beg of you.

I wear hijaab, and that's plenty fine for me, Ruby...

If I moved to one of the gulf states where it's a "must", outdoors, then I'd have to go with the flow, but I'd surely be looking to the burqa to keep the sandstorm and sun off me, anyway, as per its design.

And can you not see that the burqa is precisely the same in reverse?

Anybody that is disturbed by the sexualisation of women because of what they wear has to logically be at least as disturbed by the burqa as the boob-tube.

If the boob-tube shouts "look at me, look at me", the burqa shouts "don't look at me, don't look at me". Worse still, not only does it sexualise the women that wears it, but it also sexualises the men that see it. It tells me that I cannot control my lust.

:(

Exactly!!! The point being made is that bikini's and boob tubes are not being made illegal are they :rolleyes:?

Exactly!!! The point being made is that bikini's and boob tubes are not being made illegal are they :rolleyes:?
But they're not covering anyone's face either, are they? Totally different argument.

That argument would be about robes and hijaab, I think? Which no-one is arguing about anyway.

ps what is that long coat thing called, please?

You're certainly raising the proverbial storm, in an egg-cup (not even worthy of a teacup)

I really do not understand what you are trying to say. My point is that for security reasons all full head coverings will be banned in England within a decade. This is to protect the security and freedom of the majority. Nobody could argue against protecting the security and freedom of the majority surely!:huh:

But they're not covering anyone's face either, are they? Totally different argument.

That argument would be about robes and hijaab, I think? Which no-one is arguing about anyway.

ps what is that long coat thing called, please?

the coat-gown thingie is called an Abaya, ruby