Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

Well not for everyone to look the same - you're never going to get this in UK . . well not until we are an islamic state like Iran/ Afghanistan/ Saudi/ Yemen etc

Thank goodness. I love difference!

So you're suggesting a ban for security/safety situations like driving/ going through airports/ travelling on the tube/ buses

No, not a ban. If a woman is needed to show her face for passport/immigrations etc then fine - ensure that she does. Likewise to prove her identity at the bank or whatever. You can achieve these aims without a ban. I don't think there's any need to ban it at all, nor (given that you could hide a bomb anywhere) for women with fully covered faces to be kept off public transport.

I am not sure how this would help security?

It wouldn't, but it might help challenge the law.

Are you actualy doupting that a burkha will hinder a persons ability to drive a car safely? Wow, your a bigger idiot than i thought.

The woman in the daily mail picture with the veil pinned back across her face will have better visibility than anyone that wears spectacles who's clear view is restricted to what they can see through their lenses.

Are you actualy doupting that a burkha will hinder a persons ability to drive a car safely? Wow, your a bigger idiot than i thought.

Hmmm. Well, before calling him an idiot you might like to consider whether there's any factual evidence that it will hinder driving ability.

If there is a gap for the eyes is it significantly different from the gap around Michael Schumachers fireproof balaclava?

Hmmm. Well, before calling him an idiot you might like to consider whether there's any factual evidence that it will hinder driving ability.

If there is a gap for the eyes is it significantly different from the gap around Michael Schumachers fireproof balaclava?

Michael doesn't have to look for cars coming the other way. He doesn't have pedestrians stepping off the pavement. There are very few traffic lights to look for on a racetrack and even fewer pellican crossings. You are not that stupid halibut.

The woman in the daily mail picture with the veil pinned back across her face will have better visibility than anyone that wears spectacles who's clear view is restricted to what they can see through their lenses.

Rubbish, you still have peripheral vision with glasses.

No it isn't a requirement of the Koran or Islam. It is however a cultural tradition linked up with self reflection and the seeking of enlightenment, very much a religious endeavour and something that is shared in common by all religions.

So why did you say it was a religious garment then ?

If its just a life style choice like fox hunting was then I dont see a big problem, get it banned !

I'd say so yes, the balclava is tight against the face and doesnt look to me like it would impede vision at all http://i.speedup.com/SABELT/Abbigliamento%20sportivo%20e%20accessori%20racing/Sottocasco%20ignifugo/jpg/1088091_500x500.jpg

Whereas a Burkha must surely impare ones peripheral vision http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/burqa.jpg