Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

I'd say so yes, the balclava is tight against the face and doesnt look to me like it would impede vision at all http://i.speedup.com/SABELT/Abbigliamento%20sportivo%20e%20accessori%20racing/Sottocasco%20ignifugo/jpg/1088091_500x500.jpg

Whereas a Burkha must surely impare ones peripheral vision http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/burqa.jpg

Does that not depend entirely on the design though? Surely if there's proven to be an issue around peripheral vision/driving safety it would be quite possible to design a 'safe' burqa - why ban it?

I'd say so yes, the balclava is tight against the face and doesnt look to me like it would impede vision at all http://i.speedup.com/SABELT/Abbigliamento%20sportivo%20e%20accessori%20racing/Sottocasco%20ignifugo/jpg/1088091_500x500.jpg

Whereas a Burkha must surely impare ones peripheral vision http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/burqa.jpg

To be fair, there are a wide variety of different Islamic head coverings. Some will be tight to the head like a balaclava and safe to drive in, and some will not.

Unfortunately I have witnessed a couple of idiots driving in unsuitable niqabs, but they are no more or less stupid than idiots using mobile phones whilst driving.

Driving ability is no more an argument against burqas in general, than it is against mobile phones.

To be fair, there are a wide variety of different Islamic head coverings. Some will be tight to the head like a balaclava and safe to drive in, and some will not.

Unfortunately I have witnessed a couple of idiots driving in unsuitable niqabs, but they are no more or less stupid than idiots using mobile phones whilst driving.

Driving ability is no more an argument against burqas in general, than it is against mobile phones.

Quite so, quisqose I don't it stands up to any close examination as a rationale for a ban.

Further back in this thread, you'l see i'v stated that i dont advocate banning Burqha's. But there are circumstances in which they are not appropriate thats all ;)

Further back in this thread, you'l see i'v stated that i dont advocate banning Burqha's. But there are circumstances in which they are not appropriate thats all ;)

I detest the niqab/burqa, as a man find them personally offensive, but fail to see any rational reason why they should be banned.

Women should be free to wear them if they choose, but should not expect special treatment, and accept that there are circumstances in which they are not appropriate.

I hope that bullies for Political Islam like Aishah Azmi continue to lose their legal attempts to gain their choice special treatment. That's all really.

and sometimes even with them on :hihi:

Regardless it does however show that spectacles are a bigger impairment to driving than a properly fitted Niqab. A Burqa probably would impair driving but I don't think I have ever seen anyone outside Afghanistan wearing one.