Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

I agree, you should follow the rules.

The rules of the UK give us all the freedom to wear whatever clothing we like.

QED wearing a burka is following the rules.

you cannot wear clothing that is offensive or causes offence to others.

not saying the burkhas are to everyone, but i can understand what the french are saying, and why doing this

From the Daily Fail article.

Women who wear Islamic veils in public will be liable to a fine of more than £700 under strict new laws being formulated in France.

The amount could be doubled for Muslim men who force their wives or other female members of their family to cover their faces.

There are laws that would restrict a woman from wearing only knickers and high heels.

Wait a min .....

Oh, yeh just got that image sorted in my head.

well, this is my view (and i have many muslim friends)

if you live in another country, you should follow the rules of that country (and i have lived in other countries), why should a woman hide behind a piece of clothing (i think, i know the idea behind it)

why should you hide your face away, if you have nothing to hide?

:D:D:D They always have "Muslim friends". Not for long if you keep up and support this human right violation you wont.

QED wearing a burka is following the rules.

So you agree that if when going into shops etc where it is requested, the women should remove the burkha as re hoodies etc..I'll go for that

Muslim women should of course be allowed to wear a Burkha when they are going about their business if they wish, but they must be removed at airports for ID purposes and shouldnt be worn if doing certern jobs, like dealing with the public face to face, or a teacher and so on.

So if I'm offended by top hats I can get the government to ban them?

You could try, but I doubt you would succeed. If you could show that the majority of the population was offended by top hats though, you'd have a much better chance.

Most of us aren't offended by top hats.

I'm not offended by nudity either, but since I recognise most people are I dress accordingly and don't feel the current laws are restricting my freedoms.

How about T-shirts with rude words on them, they offend my gran.

Your gran would have a better chance with her complaint than you would with top hats. A boy was arrested a few years ago for wearing an "offensive" Cradle Of Filth T-shirt.