Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

i do find the burka offensive..........why.

i see it as a symbol of oppression.

i see it as an anti western value statement.

i see it as a general security threat.(not just bombs but down to shoplifting)

You are still being a titus, and still have no substance to your argument.

Saw a snippet on telly earlier...a lady wearing the niqab or burqa because she doesn't wish any other man than her husband to look at her with desire. She must think a lot of herself or be quite vain, or have a very low opinion of men.

Reminds me of blokes that say "backs to the wall, cover your arses" when there's a gay bloke around, like that person will jump on anything that moves and would go for them.

Saw a snippet on telly earlier...a lady wearing the niqab or burqa because she doesn't wish any other man than her husband to look at her with desire. She must think a lot of herself or be quite vain, or have a very low opinion of men.

Reminds me of blokes that say "backs to the wall, cover your arses" when there's a gay bloke around, like that person will jump on anything that moves and would go for them.

I thought that as well when she said it. "Who's gonna be looking at you anyway, love?" Also the ones that say they want to be valued for their intellect alone, are probably the ones that would be anyway. Sorry, I'm being bitchy now :blush:

I thought that as well when she said it. "Who's gonna be looking at you anyway, love?" Also the ones that say they want to be valued for their intellect alone, are probably the ones that would be anyway. Sorry, I'm being bitchy now :blush:

I certainly hope that I am valued for my intellect, and for being a good person, ruby.

Looks fade, sadly, (No matter how much botox some actresses throw in the direction of their wrinkles in the pursuit of eternal youth and immobile expressions) but if I'm bright, and well read/ well informed, and do my best to do good by others, it's not so easy to take that value away from me, is it?

i do find the burka offensive..........why.

i see it as a symbol of oppression.

i see it as an anti western value statement.

i see it as a general security threat.(not just bombs but down to shoplifting)

Of all the stupid arguments I've ever heard put forward for a ban this must be the most cretinous.

I certainly hope that I am valued for my intellect, and for being a good person, ruby.

Looks fade, sadly, (No matter how much botox some actresses throw in the direction of their wrinkles in the pursuit of eternal youth and immobile expressions) but if I'm bright, and well read/ well informed, and do my best to do good by others, it's not so easy to take that value away from me, is it?

But you're not going around in a niqab or a burqa are you? So it doesn't apply. And who'd take you seriously if you did? As someone just said on question time, it's intimidating and no-one will engage you in conversation, so they'll never find out how bright and well read you are anyway.

And aging actresses who might want to sling on a burqa and slob around in it occasionaly wouldn't be allowed to probably, so that doesn't apply either.

It's a lose-lose situation.