Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

I don't really care about that - marriage (and monogamy for that matter) are pretty much human constructs anyway

You would have a point if women in SA were allowed to have multiple husbands who were made to wear "moderate" clothing in public.

This policy is much more strict than that advocated by the BNP - which only calls for the burqa to be banned from classrooms.

Well since the BNP will deport all burka wearers if they ever come to power it's a bit of hollow promise.

From their constitution:

The British National Party stands for the preservation of the national and ethnic

character of the British people and is wholly opposed to any form of racial

integration between British and non-European peoples. It is therefore committed

to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by

legal changes, negotiation and consent, the overwhelmingly white makeup of the

British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948.

I must try and watch that programme, I think I V+'ed it. However, if you think that is evidence of a more enlightened Saudi Arabia then think again.

If anything it simply proves that men can be d***s, quite literally, with their attitude to women.

No I didnt think it provided evidence of a more enlightened SA, I just found it ironic and amusing that's why I mentioned it, you'll see previously on this thread that I posted a link to a Telegraph article highlighting the strict nature of the dress code in SA, even amongst Westerners.

help me out here bf :huh: so its wrong for the british government to dictate what we wear but its ok for the saudi government to tell the people what they can wear :loopy:

What help do you need? We live in the UK, not Saudia Arabia.

Unlike the English writer of the article, I wouldnt choose to live in Saudi for various reasons, two of them being their religious zealousy and treatment of women.

Are you suggesting because they tell women what to wear we should do the same?

if any government told me to stick my head in a oven i would tell them to **** off.the point im making if you have read the link thats the way they live their lives and western people have to adapt (rightly or wrongly).

..and probably a lot more Western people would choose to live there and contibute to their society if they didnt have such ridiculous rules, the ones that do, go for purely financial reasons (high salaries, tax free income etc), the woman who wrote the article confirmed that early in her piece, she wouldn't have compromised on her beliefs otherwise.

So if I'm offended by top hats I can get the government to ban them?

If you can provide a cohesive reason why you find them offensive and the majority of the population agree, then yes!

How about T-shirts with rude words on them, they offend my gran.

Yes, you can be forced to cover up and be fined for wearing it.

A compromise should be reached. Maybe they could have Bo-Selecta masks sculpted to replicate their personal look.Everyones a winner....

That's not as daft an idea as it sounds shane.

Orthodox Jewish women are not allowed to show their real hair to unrelated men, so a thriving industry has developed making 'sheitels', which are very expensive and quite glamorous wigs, which probably look better than their natural hair in many instances!

..and probably a lot more Western people would choose to live there and contibute to their society if they didnt have such ridiculous rules, the ones that do, go for purely financial reasons (high salaries, tax free income etc), the woman who wrote the article confirmed that early in her piece, she wouldn't have compromised on her beliefs otherwise.
something what we agree on there the stupid rules, but they are saudi s rules and we westerners have to abide to while we in the country .