Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

I'm rather on the fence on this whole Burqa issue.

On the one hand I believe anybody should be able to wear what they want, in line with their religious beliefs. On the other hand I believe "face time" (can't think of another way to word it) is a very important part of how we as a society operate.

I'm rather on the fence on this whole Burqa issue.

On the one hand I believe anybody should be able to wear what they want, in line with their religious beliefs. On the other hand I believe "face time" (can't think of another way to word it) is a very important part of how we as a society operate.

Well I dont know about you scuba, but Im not tripping over burka clad women everyday that I need to engage in conversation! In fact its a rare occurence to encounter a women wearing the full veil.

Actually what really offends me are football shirts, those of the Wednesday variety especially, I think anybody found wearing one should be held in stocks and egged.

I think we should ban wendy shirts in this country!

Not sure why muslims who practice traditions from their original country of origin would want to settle in westen europe states that do not have a muslim state. Why not send them back. Then they will have something to complain about.

What about respecting western values for a change. We want inter-gration not segregation. We should all live together but lets be fair covering a women from head to foot is wrong. Otherwise why are men not covered or children.

Not sure why muslims who practice traditions from their original country of origin would want to settle in westen europe states that do not have a muslim state. Why not send them back. Then they will have something to complain about.

What about respecting western values for a change. We want inter-gration not segregation. We should all live together but lets be fair covering a women from head to foot is wrong. Otherwise why are men not covered or children.

Actually, just to set you straight on that one:- in Islam, modesty of attire is expected of men, as well as women, Children if they are under the age of responsibility don't have to cover in quite the same way.

As for your "Muslim State" comment. It's surely, up to the individual how they dress?

If Mrs Arnold wants to wear a low-cut blouse, then what's the problem? if Mrs Potter wants to wear a polo necked jumper, again, what's the problem? If Mrs Khan wants to wear an abaya or veil, again, what, exactly is the problem?

What Mrs A, Mrs P or Mrs K wears does not impinge on your own, personal freedom to wear what you wish.

As anyone thought about body language.

Cultural differences in body language are infinite and change all the time, especially now with worldwide movies, the internet, exotic holidays etc.

We now see more of other cultures than ever before so it makes sense that the same gestures can have several different meanings and out of all our 700,000 different signals there are said to only be six that are universal.

Happiness

Sadness

Surprise

Disgust

Anger

Fear

Well I dont know about you scuba, but Im not tripping over burka clad women everyday that I need to engage in conversation! In fact its a rare occurence to encounter a women wearing the full veil.

I greet one most mornings when I drop my son off at school, she has a wonderful kind sounding voice so its a shame she hides her face. I'd probably talk to her more, just as much as I do with other parents at the school, if it wasn't for the face covering burqa blocking mutual face visability, which one expects for normal conversation to take place.

There may not be many women wear the Burqa. A few years ago there were even fewer, but what about in 10 years? I think more and more, it is a deliberate statement of them being seperate from us, creating an "us and them" division in society, a portion of society that has no wish to engage.

Are men forbidden from having heart attacks?

Would you consider a mouth to mouth in saving a life as something sexual hard2miss, and would you not help a dying man if you were able to? If no, then would that be on grounds of the person being a man or a burka wearing cross dresser or a Muslim or.......do you have a thing about a huge tash??

:D No I do not have a tash problem.

Im just think if I pulled a Burka back and it was a bloke I would probably be laid out with him with the shock.

But as you seem to gloss over my bit of humour and make out I am the one with the problem here, isnt the problem that people wearing these Burkas could be blokes ? and that they are brilliant for hiding people ?

I did not concider the fact that there maybe Muslim cross dressers, for some reason I cannot get into my head a picture of a muslim man in lippy and high heels.

back to being serious, What possible reasons would go through your head if you lifted a Burka and it was a geezer ?

I won't answer myself but would like some replies, I think I know the answers Ill get.

There may not be many women wear the Burqa. A few years ago there were even fewer, but what about in 10 years? I think more and more, it is a deliberate statement of them being seperate from us, creating an "us and them" division in society, a portion of society that has no wish to engage.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the burka wearing increased after the Government inspired Western media war on Islam? I would suggest it is and is a sign of defiance against the Islamophobes and as such will decrease as it was doing during the sixties and seventies once this anti Islam screaming from the roof tops stops.