Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

and PS, I'm fully integrated into my society, I speak fluent English, I run my own affairs financially, and transact my own businesses, and travel independently. I am a stalwart in my local community, and work with the city council, and local transport.
But that's because you are English. And a recent convert, so whatever you do you do from your own volition, you've not had brainwashing into Islam since you were born. I don't think you can use yourself as a good example of burqua wearing women, as you don't even wear one and have said you never would. You introduce a lot of red herrings into these discussions, trying to muddy the waters, imo. No one wants to stop women or men from covering their bodies, it's all about covering the FACE.

hard2miss makes some good points and always seems willing to consider new viewpoints, a good debater. OK his spelling isn't always that good, but it's easy to understand what's intended. Your longwinded explanation about why people always have to spell perfectly isn't a good enough cover for the fact that you were trying to be sarky and patronising about it. And ok if the mods step in, but you ain't a mod, are you?

No matter what law may be passed against the wearing of the burqa, all the legislation in the world won't alter the mindset of a tyrant. If the husband is oppressive, he will be oppressive no matter what.

Spot on PT. I'm fed up of arguing this point, even some so called feminists want the burka banned because they believe it's a symbol of oppression, forgetting of course that the arse that might be forcing his wife to wear it remains unreconstructed and the same bully he ever was.

Anyone genuinely concerned with the interests of oppressed Muslim women should be seeking ways to empower them, not taking their clothes off.

No matter what law may be passed against the wearing of the burqa, all the legislation in the world won't alter the mindset of a tyrant. If the husband is oppressive, he will be oppressive no matter what.

Spot on PT. I'm fed up of arguing this point, even some so called feminists want the burka banned because they believe it's a symbol of oppression, forgetting of course that the arse that might be forcing his wife to wear it remains unreconstructed and the same bully he ever was.

Anyone genuinely concerned with the interests of oppressed Muslim women should be seeking ways to empower them, it wont happen by making them take their clothes off.

Edited by boyfriday

the ban would make integration into society harder for the odd few women who are forced to wear burqa, as they would, effectively, be denied the ability to go out and about. Do you not think that this stupid and draconian idea would facilitate even more oppression against the least able? Has that thought not occurred to you? That without their burqa, their menfolk would be less likely to allow them to go outside?

Well you make my points for me, are yo sure your not a member of the BNP in discuise ?

Like I said and other have and the majority of people have suspected, this is about the man suppressing the woman and in our sociaty it should not be tollerated as its a throw back from a place/culture that is now alien to us. We have progressed and should not let men suppress their women in the name of Islam or anything else.

If men will not let them out then it would be time for the police to kick doors in and free the hostiges.

(Please lets not go off the subject tho anyone, lets keep this topic away from suggesting that Muslims take hostiges, the Majority of them do not.)

But that's because you are English. And a recent convert, so whatever you do you do from your own volition, you've not had brainwashing into Islam since you were born. I don't think you can use yourself as a good example of burqua wearing women, as you don't even wear one and have said you never would. You introduce a lot of red herrings into these discussions, trying to muddy the waters, imo. No one wants to stop women or men from covering their bodies, it's all about covering the FACE.

hard2miss makes some good points and always seems willing to consider new viewpoints, a good debater. OK his spelling isn't always that good, but it's easy to understand what's intended. Your longwinded explanation about why people always have to spell perfectly isn't a good enough cover for the fact that you were trying to be sarky and patronising about it. And ok if the mods step in, but you ain't a mod, are you?

I was offered a mod-ship, but said "No, thanks". The mods do a fabulous job of keeping order, but I thought it was too much of a poisoned chalice to want to drink from it.

My gran wore a scarfe, I have no problem with that. But my grandad felt comfortable enough for people to see my gran so he didnt have her walk round in a balaclava.

You don't have a problem with that and I don't have a problem with those wearing the burka. If a neighbour a few doors down the road decided to rip the scarf off your gran's head or hurl abuse at her because he didn't agree with her wearing the scarf, what would be your opinion on then integrating with that person? What value democracy is most of the street sided with him?

I was offered a mod-ship, but said "No, thanks". The mods do a fabulous job of keeping order, but I thought it was too much of a poisoned chalice to want to drink from it.

Well I would be all for you having the Mod-ship. Im all for empowering Muslim Women.

Your old fellow didnt say he didnt want you to do it did he ?, Sorry but I could not help it, it seemed in context with the topic ;)

You don't have a problem with that and I don't have a problem with those wearing the burka. If a neighbour a few doors down the road decided to rip the scarf off your gran's head or hurl abuse at her because he didn't agree with her wearing the scarf, what would be your opinion on then integrating with that person? What value democracy is most of the street sided with him?
Lets get this right, no one is suggesting that anyone rippes anything off anyones head. I am apposed to anything like that and would condem anyone who did it.

second, Im not advocating abusing Muslim women either, I am saying that collectivly as a democracy we should have it banned. I am all for Muslims to be here and practice their faith and would loose blood defending any Muslim getting abuse for their belief anywhere on a British street if I came accross anyone attacking someone, anyone.

If people in the street commented about my grans scarf, saying it was orrible or whatever, then she would have gone with the popular oppinion of it and taken it off herself. And if my grandad told her to put it back on she would have told him where to get off, because women before her gave her the courage to do so with their actions and lifes.

If people in the street commented about my grans scarf, saying it was orrible or whatever, then she would have gone with the popular oppinion of it and taken it off herself. And if my grandad told her to put it back on she would have told him where to get off, because women before her gave her the courage to do so with their actions and lifes.

If someone had done that to my Gran they would have got a whack from her handbag. She hit the wrestler Mick McManus with it, so I can't see her being reserved in expressing her displeasure with some rude oik.

Edited by Wildcat