Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

People are scared to challenge because they fear being ladled racist. This is how the man eluded the police by wearing a Burqa. He was able to travel around the country with impunity because he could not be challenged to reveal his true identity.

Dont be daft serapis, everyone understands their identity needs to be established where appropriate, if it didn't you wouldn't find burka wearers travelling on aeroplanes because they'd be just as frightened of the suicide bomber wearing one as the rest of us.

And imagine how easy it would be to walk into a bank and empty a Muslim woman's bank account if they didn't establish the identity of people withdrawing funds?

I think legitimate burka wearers have as much if not more reason to be consensual to identity checks than non burka wearers.

It is not an issue of control, it is an issue of freedom of those around the wearer.

How does a woman wearing a burqa impinge on your freedom? Tell me, I'm fascinated.

It is only through fear of being labelled racist that prevents people challenging those who wear Burqa's but it is not a racist issue.

People with a legitimate reason to 'challenge' a person wearing a burka can do so without fear of being labelled anything.

However, those in favour will argue it is because they know the power of the label and not the true meaning.

You'll have to try this bit again, don't get you.

No one can argue that the burqa is a symbol of inclusion into the British culture or society because it’s very purpose is to act as a barrier between our culture and an imported on from countries with their feet firmly planted in the middle ages.

It doesn't matter a stuff if it's symbolic of inclusion or not - how absurd!

Absolute rubbish. People wearing burqas can be and are asked to confirm their identity. Happens at banks, happens at airports.

No it does not. On another discussion on this subject a person related their own experiences of women with Burqa in a high street bank. You were very vocal as you are now in the pro burqa camp and I doubt your memory is that bad.

I have seen it myself in banks, women wearing burqa. They did not remove them and the only solution is to have a 'special room' for those wearing burqa's to unveil. Why are they treated any different? Why do they need a special room, what is so wrong with the general public that we are not allowed to even look upon these people? You also ignore the case of the man who used a Burqa to elude capture in the UK by travelling under a burqa.

The burqa has no place in the 21st Century and especially not in the western world where equality is something so many have strived for, for centuries.

It is not an issue of control, it is an issue of freedom of those around the wearer. You argue as if we are free to wear whatever we like in public, but this is not the case. It is only through fear of being labelled racist that prevents people challenging those who wear Burqa's but it is not a racist issue. However, those in favour will argue it is because they know the power of the label and not the true meaning.

No one can argue that the burqa is a symbol of inclusion into the British culture or society because it’s very purpose is to act as a barrier between our culture and an imported on from countries with their feet firmly planted in the middle ages.

you talk complete and utter codswallop, burkas are NOT an affront to MY freedom, when i encounter somebody with a burka on i dont think of them any different, thats YOUR MINDSET not everybodys

only you are mentioning race / racists

the burkas purpose IS NOT a barrier in none wearing countries, its purpose is culture and religion from the "wearing" countries

I have seen it myself in banks, women wearing burqa. They did not remove them and the only solution is to have a 'special room' for those wearing burqa's to unveil. Why are they treated any different? Why do they need a special room, what is so wrong with the general public that we are not allowed to even look upon these people? You also ignore the case of the man who used a Burqa to elude capture in the UK by travelling under a burqa.

What is your evidence for this bizarre assertion?

I am indeed ignoring the case of the chap who fled from justice wearing a burqa. Are you seriously suggesting we change the law because one bloke did it?

What is your evidence for this bizarre assertion?

I am indeed ignoring the case of the chap who fled from justice wearing a burqa. Are you seriously suggesting we change the law because one bloke did it?

he also used a car...and eventually an aeroplane as a get away too didnt he?

best ban those while we're at it

You're assuming we're all men, white and middle-class? :huh:

I was talking more about the Mps who no one knows coming out of the woodwork to save us poor muslim women.

Look at colonialism it's the same story white man must save these poor poor women!