Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

whys it backward? because we see ourselves as superior and more forward thinking?

It is backwards for the UK to allow the burqa because people and mainly women have struggled to gain equality in the UK and across Europe. The burqa in one step, undermines this and is an insult especially to the older generations who remember their mothers or grand mothers fighting for rights they take for granted now.

liberals are generally against banning the burka because that could be seen as a step backward............infringing on somebody elses freedom.....for NO REAL REASON, every arguement people put forward to me does NOT hold water

It is not a freedom and you are not free to do anything, we have rules and laws. You are not free to walk down the street naked, you are not free to do as you wish. The idea that liberals are protecting freedom is completely false as we live in a society ruled by laws and our freedoms are subject to change.

Have any banks been robbed by burka wearers lately?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/feb/10/ukcrime.hughmuir

Two men who disguised themselves in clothing traditionally worn by Muslim women and robbed security guards carrying cash to and from banks were jailed for a total of more than seven years yesterday.

Kingston crown court in south-west London heard how Anthony Roberts, 22, and Nicholas Bidar, 19, stole the Muslim clothes from Regent's Park mosque last June and used them to cover their heads and faces during a bank robbery in Kilburn, north London, later the same day.

Two men who disguised themselves in clothing traditionally worn by Muslim women and robbed security guards carrying cash to and from banks were jailed for a total of more than seven years yesterday.

Kingston crown court in south-west London heard how Anthony Roberts, 22, and Nicholas Bidar, 19, stole the Muslim clothes from Regent's Park mosque last June and used them to cover their heads and faces during a bank robbery in Kilburn, north London, later the same day.

Im going to rugby tackle the first person I see in a bank with a Burka on just in case :D

Your never know ;)

i think thats answered tabs question:hihi:

You see them everyday in Gaza running round carrying Kalashnikovs it's realy funny when the burqas become displaced and you see the counterfeit Levis & Doc martins underneath.

I've never seen a burqa in Sheffield.

I saw the first niqab in Darnall in 2002.

Now I see about half a dozen each lunchtime.

My mate's mum wears one and I first saw her wearing it in 1987 and this was in the Page Hall area.

People use motorcycle helmets to rob banks aswell but we don't ban them, people use kitchen knives to kill but we don't ban them do we?

My opinion is that those wanting to ban the burka are anti-Islam and this is just another way to persecute muslims.

Wasn't one of the reasons for the war in Afghanistan apart from getting rid of the taliban to free the poor Afghan women from being forced to wear the burka?

They still wear the burka and the taliban is still there and now you are going to pay the taliban to give up violence.

The burka isn't going to be banned and for the record I'm not a fan of them myself.