Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

People use motorcycle helmets to rob banks aswell but we don't ban them, people use kitchen knives to kill but we don't ban them do we?

My opinion is that those wanting to ban the burka are anti-Islam and this is just another way to persecute muslims.

Wasn't one of the reasons for the war in Afghanistan apart from getting rid of the taliban to free the poor Afghan women from being forced to wear the burka?

They still wear the burka and the taliban is still there and now you are going to pay the taliban to give up violence.

The burka isn't going to be banned and for the record I'm not a fan of them myself.

Who is this "you" that you refer to?

:huh:

i think thats answered tabs question:hihi:

Yes indeed it has answered my question quite well thankyou, we ought to ban all English people from banks the robbing scum were English guys or had English sounding names anyway who stole the garments from some Mosque.:hihi:

Kingston crown court in south-west London heard how Anthony Roberts, 22, and Nicholas Bidar, 19, stole the Muslim clothes from Regent's Park mosque

Since we are generalising why not go down your stupid rout eh;)?

Why do these English people rob banks anyway is it their 2000 year old backward religion telling them to do so?

Maybe serapissss can answer this one?

Edited by tab1

People use motorcycle helmets to rob banks aswell but we don't ban them,...

The burka isn't going to be banned and for the record I'm not a fan of them myself.

Errr... actually, we do. You can't go into a bank wearing a motorcycle helmet - because it's deemed to be a 'security risk'.

The burkha may be banned in France. France is another country. The British government doesn't make the laws there and if the French lawmakers wish to ban the burkha, that's up to them. Their country, they make the rules.

I very much doubt that the burkha will ever be banned in the UK. - The British government is pretty quick to pass laws which raise taxes, but otherwise, they aren't too quick.

By the time any British government got around to proposing a law which might ban the burkha, the opposition party and public opinion would have enough clout to block it. - There's more chance of the bikini being banned than the burkha.

Errr... actually, we do. You can't go into a bank wearing a motorcycle helmet - because it's deemed to be a 'security risk'.

The burkha may be banned in France. France is another country. The British government doesn't make the laws there and if the French lawmakers wish to ban the burkha, that's up to them. Their country, they make the rules.

I very much doubt that the burkha will ever be banned in the UK. - The British government is pretty quick to pass laws which raise taxes, but otherwise, they aren't too quick.

By the time any British government got around to proposing a law which might ban the burkha, the opposition party and public opinion would have enough clout to block it. - There's more chance of the bikini being banned than the burkha.

I think it is already the case that if a particular establishment doesn't want anybody wearing a certain item on their premises they can stop people entering who are wearing it, but that isn't legally banning the item though is it? As far as I understand the post you quote the helmet isn't banned as yet.