Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

Biggest load of bull I've heard.

indeed.........seems strange, i try and be honest and look at both sides when i form my opinions, occasionly i try and speak for both sides too.

BUT

it seems the "other side" cant, infact they are so one sided, one track minded and narrow they actually believe everything the other side say is wrong, completely

such as ricgem2002 in your quoted post.........it seems only the liberals need PROOF of their views, seems it doesnt work that way for the right wingers

shouldnt you also need PROOF that all criminals wear burkas?

dont both sides actually know every fact on the case?

whereas we actually dont, we view our opinions on what we see and read and hear.

I believe that everyone has the right to wear (within reason) whatever they choose to wear, and that an outright government ban would be totally wrong.

However.........

I work in Meadowhall, and on a daily basis see security guards asking boys, girls, men and women to remove hats and hoodies etc as they restrict the view the cctv cameras get of peoples faces.

I would imagine this is mainly aimed at teenagers in hoodies/ baseball caps, but to be seen to be fair they have to ask other groups of people too.

One actually asked my 12 year old to remove his woolley hat a couple of weeks ago, as a group of 4 or 5 ladies in burkhas walked past.

If shopping centres etc make rules, I believe they should extend to everyone, or whats the point?

I believe that everyone has the right to wear (within reason) whatever they choose to wear, and that an outright government ban would be totally wrong.

However.........

I work in Meadowhall, and on a daily basis see security guards asking boys, girls, men and women to remove hats and hoodies etc as they restrict the view the cctv cameras get of peoples faces.

I would imagine this is mainly aimed at teenagers in hoodies/ baseball caps, but to be seen to be fair they have to ask other groups of people too.

One actually asked my 12 year old to remove his woolley hat a couple of weeks ago, as a group of 4 or 5 ladies in burkhas walked past.

If shopping centres etc make rules, I believe they should extend to everyone, or whats the point?

as ive said before, burka wearing in this country is NOT a new thing, it didnt appear overnight

im sure places like banks and shops etc have more experience than us in determining whats a security risk, who to look out for, what clothes to look for?

its like pubs that say no football shirts or no trainers, is it unfair that they dont pick on suits? or leather jackets? or indeed burkas?

maybe it just shows (contry to what some on here would have us believe) they dont actually view burka wearers as a threat?

as ive said before, burka wearing in this country is NOT a new thing, it didnt appear overnight

im sure places like banks and shops etc have more experience than us in determining whats a security risk, who to look out for, what clothes to look for?

its like pubs that say no football shirts or no trainers, is it unfair that they dont pick on suits? or leather jackets? or indeed burkas?

maybe it just shows (contry to what some on here would have us believe) they dont actually view burka wearers as a threat?

Maybe, but looking at it like that must mean they think kids in woolley hats and old ladies in furry hats are.

Its not about a dress code, its simply so that faces arent obscured or hidden from cctv. How can they justify asking a Grandpa to take his flat cap off when people are walking about almost completely hidden?

Edited by Hecate
fixed quote tags

Maybe, but looking at it like that must mean they think kids in woolley hats and old ladies in furry hats are.

Its not about a dress code, its simply so that faces arent obscured or hidden from cctv. How can they justify asking a Grandpa to take his flat cap off when people are walking about almost completely hidden?

well maybe thats an issue with over zealous security rather than burka wearers?

Edited by Hecate
fixed quote tags.

Maybe it just shows that they know that if they say anything at all they will face allegations of racism and will probably be out on their ear.

Some people don't half talk out of their rear ends at times.

I personally do not like the idea of burkas. OMG-dess - I must be totally racist. :loopy:

The French have it right. They also refuse to translate their official documents into every language under the sun for the lazy and ignorant. Their view is, you need to speak French in order to be a part of French society and I agree. The British Tax payer pays millions of pounds year on year so people who can’t be bothered or will not integrate can have the luxury of using their own language further isolating them and those around them which in turn helps bread all manner of unsavoury problems.

Speak English, become British and a part of the society and culture or you can go, there is nothing holding you here.

I agree. Immigrants should be given a maximum of five years to learn the language of their adopted country in order to qualify for citizenship There are plenty of language institutes and classes available for those who want to make the effort

I lived in Quebec, Canada for about a year. English and French are both recognized as official languages in Canada and Quebec is around 85 percent French speaking. I went to classes three times a week after work and by the end of the year I was able to carry out a fairly fluent conversation with a French speaking Quebecer. Had I remained there I'm sure that by the end of the second year I would have not only been completely fluent but also able to read and write French with a pretty fair degree of accuracy.

If I could do it anyone could.

Maybe it just shows that they know that if they say anything at all they will face allegations of racism and will probably be out on their ear.

Some people don't half talk out of their rear ends at times.

I personally do not like the idea of burkas. OMG-dess - I must be totally racist. :loopy:

seems to me there now seems to be a massive opposite race card that gets pulled these days on here.

now whenever you say something its immediately "oh therell be called a racist if........."