Women who wear burkhas in public in France will be fined

I think this is utter rubbish. Why do women in burqas need to be challenged?

In order to establish their identity for banking or security reasons, in which case those with a right to such information have every right to ask for that information and do.

and you know this how ? do you have a link to show me :hihi: but then again i guess not. this is my point how do we know when nobody (lets just say for arguements sake the people on this forum) has any proof from personal experience of the procedures in place . ive not seen or read from anyone on here someone who has actually asked a burka wearing person to reveal themselves for security purposes have you :huh: i wonder why

So we should ban the burka because of peoples perception of a negative reaction if they asked politely to identify someone wearing one?

Has anyone bothered to ask a burka wearer before allowing their imaginations to run wild with them? Somehow I doubt a positive response would placate the sensitivities of those who are simply seeking excuses to curtail the freedoms of people they dont understand

I dont think its as simple as that. People take into account our society and what was before it and how it fits into everything from what we have had and this and draw the conclusion that its strikingly alien to anything ever had here since say the hoods of the monks in the middle ages. And even the monks clothing was used for concealment and eluding peoples.

Then people try and look at it from a compassionate point of view and again it falls short. People come to the conclusion that these women or a huge majority are forced to wear them, albeit by the culture they come from. Its hard to strike up any sympathetic view on this clothing from a british stand point as we are of the mind set that women are equal and have a long history of fighting oppression.

Then people take into account that this is increasingly being used to show difference and promote exclusion from this society, even if this argument is unsubstantiated.

and then theres the peoples that just see this as a 'Muslim' thing and are at the moment with events and reports by the press just against anything Muslim.

I think there is real arguments for security, inclusion, liberating women ect but have said it over and over while fighting off the attempt to taint my views with a racist tag.

This is just one of tho's topics that will go on and on and even when closed will spring up new life somewhere else.

It is good tho to see people passionate one way or another and it getting talked about.

Edited by hard2miss

and you know this how ? do you have a link to show me :hihi: but then again i guess not. this is my point how do we know when nobody (lets just say for arguements sake the people on this forum) has any proof from personal experience of the procedures in place . ive not seen or read from anyone on here someone who has actually asked a burka wearing person to reveal themselves for security purposes have you :huh: i wonder why

Probably because the problem only exists within yr fertile imagination?

I guarantee they have bank accounts and those accounts would be emptied daily by imposters if identities werent properly established.

Now keep off the cheese at bedtime ricgem ;)

I guarantee they have bank accounts and those accounts would be emptied daily by imposters if identities werent properly established.

You keep going on and on about banks and airports. There are other places - believe it or not. And as soon as you have nothing useful to add that is not the same diatribe you resort to insulting a person. Ah well boyfriday - I expect nothing less from you. The person's comments are just as valid as your own. Just because he does not hold the moral righteous frame of mind that you do does not make him wrong.

Sheesh!

As has been said - security cameras do not differentiate between one burka wearer and another and cannot politely ask someone to uncover their face in order to be recorded.

Maybe you could get rich by covering yourself with one of these garments and go tell a bank clerk you are Mrs Hussain or Abdul and empty their accounts, surely they won't check your identity because they are oh sooo scared of upsetting them Muzlims.:loopy::hihi:

That'll teach them to wear those alien garments in our banks. Mind you don't get dragged back to the Taliban cave by some Muslim husband mistaking you for his bird though.:lol:

Edited by tab1

but you cant give me a answer either way thou can you bf .its not only in my thought s but a few others on here too and until i got proof i wont give up either .and i dont eat cheese at night either i eat babies (the jellykind) in case anyone thinks i eat real ones :hihi:

but you cant give me a answer either way thou can you bf .its not only in my thought s but a few others on here too and until i got proof i wont give up either .and i dont eat cheese at night either i eat babies (the jellykind) in case anyone thinks i eat real ones :hihi:
Can you tell the difference? :huh:

Maybe you could get rich by covering yourself with one of these garments and go tell a bank clerk you are Mrs Hussain or Abdul and empty their accounts, surely they won't check your identity because they are oh sooo scared of upsetting them Muzlims.:loopy::hihi:
but surely i need the correct pin number to access the account :hihi:now ill ask again what proof do you have that anyone ask for them to reaveal themselves .theres over 90.0000 people on this forum and noone as yet has any proof (but ill give it a cpl of days just incase someone not on who does have proof)