Electronic books & the future.

Mantaspook

I'm afraid I'm with Laura (above)

A book is, for me, a physical thing. Not just the words inside, but the paper, the smell, the texture and the feel of the tome itself. No electronic gadget will feel the same as flicking through real pages of paper, the tactile connection you have with a book.

Or am I a grumpy old fart?

I'm afraid I'm with Laura (above)

A book is, for me, a physical thing. Not just the words inside, but the paper, the smell, the texture and the feel of the tome itself. No electronic gadget will feel the same as flicking through real pages of paper, the tactile connection you have with a book.

Or am I a grumpy old fart?

No you're not, I'm totally with you on the feel and smell etc. For me a real paper book is much more relaxing than reading something electronically, but then a book has never made me want to smash it to pieces and rip it's insides out before :hihi:... (no, I don't have rage issues).

Anyway, doesn't looking at a screen for long periods of time give you a headache?

Archived