Do you drink water out of plastic bottles

Hi All

If you do you may be interested in this theres all ways some thing wrong with doing things on the cheap (plastic bottles) isnt there

According to US researchers at the University of Cincinnati (UC), it’s better to drink water from glass bottles instead of plastic due to harmful chemicals (Bisphenol A) being released into the water stored in plastic bottles. When it comes to exposure from polycarbonate plastic bottles, it's not whether the container is new or old but the liquid's temperature that has the most impact on how much Bisphenol A is released,.

No you won't die, well, not from having a bottle of Buxton water anyhow.

I read up on this last year because there was a scare over baby bottles. There isn't any significant risk unless you are using scratched plastics and heating them to a high degree, and it applies to the hard plastics, not the soft ones.

And BPA can cause hormonal disturbance and learning problems. Note 'can', not 'will'!

Hi All

If you do you may be interested in this theres all ways some thing wrong with doing things on the cheap (plastic bottles) isnt there

According to US researchers at the University of Cincinnati (UC), it’s better to drink water from glass bottles instead of plastic due to harmful chemicals (Bisphenol A) being released into the water stored in plastic bottles. When it comes to exposure from polycarbonate plastic bottles, it's not whether the container is new or old but the liquid's temperature that has the most impact on how much Bisphenol A is released,.

you should have checked this story out on Snopes' Urban legends Reference Pages.

they usually have the answers that scotch stories like these:-

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/plasticbottles.asp

Kidley, I think YOU should read the link again. It explains the risks of Bisphenol A and also where it is used - in rigid plastic bottles rather than flexible disposable bottles. It's in the final paragraph - maybe you lost interest half way through...

This shouldn't be in the Sheffield discussions either.

Kidley, I think YOU should read the link again. It explains the risks of Bisphenol A and also where it is used - in rigid plastic bottles rather than flexible disposable bottles. It's in the final paragraph - maybe you lost interest half way through...

This shouldn't be in the Sheffield discussions either.

read my post again, its talking about "Bisphenol A" and as regards

This shouldn't be in the Sheffield discussions either

whats this all about are you mod are admin or some thing or have you delusions of grandeur

Archived