Elvis Presley died on 16 August

My mum absolutley adored Elvis .

Now picture the scene , its my 3rd birthday - 16th August 1977 , i've got lots of my little friends round having a lovely birthday party and my mum hears on the radio that Elvis has died :o

Mum comes into the kitchen shouting and sobbing to anyone who'll listen that Elvis is dead and she just cant believe it , she's devastated and the party comes to an abrupt end because all the parents take their kids home cos mums in such a state !!!!

GOD I HATE ELVIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I like to see - somebody who knows how to really hold a grudge :hihi:

(I'm assuming you're not a very precocious 4-year old insomniac!)

• 1 year later...

Elvis would have been 75 years old today, did anyone see the documentary on him last week?

I love his voice, never fancied him though, my favourite recordings are 'The Wonder of You' - 'You were always on my mind' and 'A Little Less Conversation a Little more Action'

I think Priscilla is still beautiful and the clips of her with Elvis show how much in love they were.

he sucked, don't care.

33 years after his death people are still buying his records and are still impersonating and talking about him.......not bad for someone who "sucked"!;)

And did I mention Elvis still holds the record for most NO.1s in the UK Charts with 21.

Madonna and Michael Jackson combined only have 20 between them (13 & 7) respectively.

hey babe :wave:

didja have a good christmas? :)

one thing that struck me when i saw one of the elvis documentaries - is that he looks like a native american!! :D

that jet black hair, those cheekbones

explains a lot :nod:

there was talk that he did have some Native American in him

A lot of American stars apparently do... I was told Jonny Depp (le sigh) does, Cher, Burt Reynolds, Demi Moore, Lou Diamond Philips, Denis Weaver, Don Johnson, Tommy lee Jones, Val Kilmer, Ava Gardner...

Archived