Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Need to try these, thanks. I live in Chap and the Jumeirah in Ecclesfield is handy and does a good buffet (can't recall days and times) and some very good dishes. Friendly service as well. The guy who wrote the menu needs a talking to, though.

Used to use the Mogul Room out at Worsbrough but had a couple of poor meals so stopped. May just have been bad luck.

I love the food from Jumeirah but find the customer service poor. Just little things like if the bill tots up to 20p short of the minimum spend for delivery they won't be flexible and you have to order something else to get it over. Also they wouldn't deliver if I couldn't give them the post code- I explained I lived further up on the same street as the restaurant but that didn't wash :hihi:

Last year, they were talking about moving to Woodseats to open a new restaurant.

---------- Post added 14-11-2016 at 10:18 ----------

I completely agree about the quality of the food in the Front Room.

This place in Hillsborough may also be worth checking out: http://twostates.getforge.io/

It was good when it was Arusuvai but always very quiet.

Will try it Pete cheers.

Need to try these, thanks. I live in Chap and the Jumeirah in Ecclesfield is handy and does a good buffet (can't recall days and times) and some very good dishes. Friendly service as well. The guy who wrote the menu needs a talking to, though.

I used to live just along the road from the Jumeriah. Went in a few times and liked the meals (not a fan of the buffet stuff) but it seemed a bit too close for me - which is daft really!

Went to Flouch Balti again last week - my definite new favourite. It's fantastic

I never went there as i was too young but older bro and sis say it was amazing food.

But i will let u into a little secret, there is a little place called Zaika on Chippinghouse Road Attercliffe. you know when a place is good when the local Asain population all go for dinner. It is only open until around 9.30 and only a cafe type and does not looklike anything from the outside.

I sometimes take myself off on a saturday lunchtime for a hangover lamb karhai!!

Also does great Skeeh kebabs

The place you refer to 'Zaika' is/was at Chippingham Place/Shortridge Street (behind old 'Banner's' store) in Attercliffe. Chippinghouse Road is in Abbeydale.

• 4 weeks later...
I am back over to visit my family for Christmas and one of the things I was looking forward to was having a good curry . Which is the best curry house in Sheffield city centre at the moment ?

Personally I would go outside the city centre as the food is a lot better and better value.

• 3 weeks later...
Never really fancied the idea of Akbars, although I'd like to try it as I've hread good reports about the food, apparently if I'm right you can't bok a table - it's on a come in and see basis, which puts me off going. Don't want to get there and find I have to wait until a table becomes free. Otherwise I'd be there like a shot. Unless I'm wrong on this but that'swhat I've been told.
I've been there a few times never waited yet Fridays or Saturday nights