Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

I find Aagrah in Leopold square to be the best and most consistent in Sheffield.

I was there the other night.

I won’t be rushing back. Nothing particularly wrong with it, just generally uninspiring food.

Two States was probably one of the worst I have eaten. I agree that the unit doesn't do well, it didn't as an Italian which was a shame because it was nice.

There was one on West Street called 'Shapla' I think that was the name, then it had a refit and then closed and now a Peri Chicken place. Damn shame cos' that was consistently excellent, though it was thought the opening of the Aagrah in Leopold Square put the nail in the coffin.

Has anyone been to The Front Room in Hillsborough?

Two States was probably one of the worst I have eaten. I agree that the unit doesn't do well, it didn't as an Italian which was a shame because it was nice.

There was one on West Street called 'Shapla' I think that was the name, then it had a refit and then closed and now a Peri Chicken place. Damn shame cos' that was consistently excellent, though it was thought the opening of the Aagrah in Leopold Square put the nail in the coffin.

Shapla is on the bottom of the Moor, and is very much still open. There was khans on West Street, that was consistently awful, and nirmals, that was good once then went downhill and spent its last few years trading on its reputation. There was another further down, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Shapla is on the bottom of the Moor, and is very much still open. There was khans on West Street, that was consistently awful, and nirmals, that was good once then went downhill and spent its last few years trading on its reputation. There was another further down, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Was it called Nawab ?

Yes slh73, you are right Shapla is down the bottom of the Moor. It is the one with no name further down that is now a peri chicken place. i am sure it began with S, but probably wrong. It was really nice. It's been shut a few years now. A bouncer from the pub next door said it was because of the new competition and the expense of the refit that closed it down. Such a shame, whenever i went in, it was always packed.

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 23:04 ----------

Yay, I have found it. It was called Sahib's!

I am extremely proud to see so many Sheffield natives enjoying and indulging in halal food that these Indian joints are supplying. I personally recommend Akhbars near Meadowhall.

Long may it continue :)

Thanks.

Two States was probably one of the worst I have eaten. I agree that the unit doesn't do well, it didn't as an Italian which was a shame because it was nice....

Two States was great when it first opened, but went downhill rapidly. If you didn't visit in 2016 or very early 2017, you missed the best of it.

The Front Room is by far the best 'north Indian' in Sheffield. The lamb chops and the Hyderabadi biryanis are excellent.