Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Favourite would have to be East & West cafe on Abbeydale Road. Basic interior, but cracking authentic Indian and very reasonably priced. Not exactly somewhere you'd take a date though!

For the more traditional British Indian (i.e. not really Indian), I like Ayeshas on Ecclesall Road and the aforementioned Mogul Room. Neither are particularly cheap but by no means expensive. Also like the Shapla at the bottom of the Moor which I think others have already mentioned. I used to really enjoy Nirmals on West Street but the last few times I've been I've been very disappointed - doubt I'll be back there anytime soon unless someone assures me it's back to it's old standards!

Bilash at Hunters Bar as someone has mentioned is very good for take-aways; especially with their vegetarian menu. Also like the take-away at Bents Green (Ringinglow Road).

Despite not being a veggie, I generally order veggie when in an Indian. I find the dishes are spiced and seasoned better than their meat versions. Either that, or the meat doesn't over-power the dish so you can actually taste the more subtle of spices.

New india garden, chesterfield rd, agreed!! go there, you'll not be dis-apointed!!

would never have anything from there since the young lad got murdered upstairs by members of staff he was dumped near kettlebridge, another reason is its filthy and has 1 star out of 5 for hygiene seehttp://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/sheffield/136000/prepared-take-away-meals/new-india-garden-takeaway