Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

I went to mangla last night and although the food was delicious the service was disgraceful.

There was a party of 14 of us who went from work so considering it wasnt their busiest time the waiter was rude, shrugging his shoulders when asked questions, ill informed of what certain dishes contained and got the order mixed up. We tried to make light of the situation and joked with him and got very little or no response from him.

So I'd recommend a takeaway if you wanted to try it.

It was pretty poor service when I went on Wednesday night as well. Like they couldn't really be bothered. A pity, 'cos the food was half-decent.

The Bombay!!! spent many a drunken night in there after Limit / Leadmill etc

I went occasionally when I was sober, only then could you appreciate the squalor of the dump!:gag: Was always a good atmosphere late on when packed though!

Then there was the Shalimar at West Bar.

Shalimar was #1 for squalor. We used to call it 'the sticky floor'....Bombay much cleaner and actually had some reasonable food!

Edited by PeteM01
icky spelling

LETS END THIS CONVERSATION HERE#

MANGLA

simple as that

and if you mention in barnsley

TASTE OF INDIA @ Penistone.........

I THANKYOU !!!!!!!!!!

Taste of India in Penistone is one of the worse curries I have ever had! Cinnamon Spice in Sheffield is much better in Penistone!

Rajput in sheffield is quite good. Go to Leeds for a proper curry, or Bradford!

Having tried many places we always end going back to our favourites, Indian Chef Crookes, and Ayeshas ecceshall road.

Found Aagrah to be mediocre, rushed service, essentially a bad chain.

The resturants on spital hill didn't live to expectation, and we found the staff were really rude!

new to this so apologies in advance for any errors!!

we went, or tried to go to Khans on West street tonight.... but its gone - can anyone tell me why, or more importantly if they have set up elsewhere please? :help::help:

ended up at Everest on Chesterfield Rd, but so did many others; the place was full - nice food but long wait

thanks

Didn't know Khans had gone, only went in there a few weeks ago and as always it was superb...brilliant tandoori chicken.

Didn't know Khans had gone, only went in there a few weeks ago and as always it was superb...brilliant tandoori chicken.

Rajput best I ever been to, eat in or take away, my daughter used to live in Walkley & put me onto them, I go from Grimesthorpe & she now calls for one when in Sheffield she now Lives in Bakewell, their currys are brill !!!