Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

As a change from the excellent Rajput on Commonside, we went to the Mogul Room for about the first time in a year last night.

Really disappointed. £4.50 for four poppadums (!) A main course which they warned was hot and made from wild chillies. I asked them to tone it down a bit (which didn't go down too well), but it still came out like a tindaloo. I was unable to actually taste anything. Mrs Hatter's meal wasn't much better.

There was nothing actually wrong, the whole just wasn't very enjoyable and was expensive - £45 for two of us!

Next time we're looking for a change of scenery it's back to the Mangla - though Akbar's does sound like it's worth a visit. Anyone been to the Aagrah recently?

I am still baffled why anybody who likes curry could recommend Akbars, you get the cattle treatment due to the non booking policy and the food is average at best.

There are far better places that nothing like the attention that this place gets.

The new one at Townend, Chutneys is worth a try only been once but had the nicest masala ive had for years

I had a takeaway from there on Saturday. Ordered at 20.40 and was told 20 mins. Got there at 21.00 and had to wait half an hour before it was ready. Did not think it was anything special ?

Will give them another chance but on a much less busy night !

For cheap and cheerful, balti king in broomhill is good> They also do vouchers for money off which you can pick up just outside the restaurant during the day. My favourite Indian restaurant in sheffield though has to be Rajput in Crookes, Superb.

You would get more pleasure from a week old potnoodle than you would eating at that place!