Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Never really fancied the idea of Akbars, although I'd like to try it as I've hread good reports about the food, apparently if I'm right you can't bok a table - it's on a come in and see basis, which puts me off going. Don't want to get there and find I have to wait until a table becomes free. Otherwise I'd be there like a shot. Unless I'm wrong on this but that'swhat I've been told.

Quite right you should not be able to BOK a table.:D

My favourite subject!

These are my top three in rank order:

#1 = Shapla. I love Shapla! Absolutley gorgeous food and fantastic service!

#2 = Akbars in Rotherham. Only just beeten by Shapla and in some respects it's even better. Fantastic food and not as pricey as I expected. Very busy and noisey though.

#3 = Woodhouse Spice if you are that end of town (used to be the Cross Daggers) very nice food and good service (at least it was when I last went.

That's my two penceworth

Khans on West Street is arguably the worst Indian I have ever been too. Every dish tastes the same. And the chicken appears to be that recycled stuff.

Aagrah in Leopold Square was ok, but the place is like a school dining room - so noisy, and the service was poor.

Butlers is good.

Shapla is excellent

Edited by F. Sidebottom