Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

LETS END THIS CONVERSATION HERE#

MANGLA

simple as that

and if you mention in barnsley

TASTE OF INDIA @ Penistone.........

I THANKYOU !!!!!!!!!!

Now Now ladies , its not worth fighting over is it . My opinion is that when you get to the top end level of indian restaurantstheres a fine margin between them> peoples tastes are all different and also what might seem an ambiant atmoshere to some might not suit others . Have to say that I like Akbars but have also been recomended the Mangler and might give it a go soon .

I think there could be a new contender for best Indian. The Cutlers Spice which has just opened at the top of Leighton Road.

It was previously the Cutler's pub and has now been opened as an Indian restaurant. We visited on Sunday and the decor is absolutely superb. The food is also excellent. I'd highly recommend it, having been to the vast majority of the restaurants in this thread, I can say it would be in the top 3.

Its the best imo and many people I know agree not heard one bad review from it I will travel the 10 miles or more for the quality you get there.

Well I can give you a bad review, the non booking policy is ridiculous and the food is average, the marketing campaign has fooled many the quality of the food hasnt. This place should never be mentioned in a "best" Indian thread.

Well I can give you a bad review, the non booking policy is ridiculous and the food is average, the marketing campaign has fooled many the quality of the food hasnt. This place should never be mentioned in a "best" Indian thread.

Hallelujah - i have found someone who agrees with my opinion of Akbars!! Distinctly average in my opinion. Wasn't the worst curry i'd had but was far from the best.

Hallelujah - i have found someone who agrees with my opinion of Akbars!! Distinctly average in my opinion. Wasn't the worst curry i'd had but was far from the best.

This place had massive publicity before it opened and people have believed the hype, I have been twice and had far far better curries at much less vaunted places.