Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

mangla mangla mangla the best by far , akbars no way near as good all the staff want is a quick table turn around , rajput on crookes a close second , chicken chatt starter mmmm

I still cannot get my head around the number of times Akbars gets mentioned on here, it is exactly as you say with average food.

Ashoka

Aagrah

Cutlers Spice

Shapla

Butlers

Ayeshas

All the above are way better than Akbars.

• 2 weeks later...

What ever you do avoid the Moghul Rooms on Sharrowvale Rd.

Went there in a party of four recently and all four of us came down with sickness and the other thing that goes with it from the opposite end!

Obviously not a case of Nora "Batty" virus, but rather their food/hygiene as we all had "issues"

Edited by willowwisp2

I still cannot get my head around the number of times Akbars gets mentioned on here, it is exactly as you say with average food.

Ashoka

Aagrah

Cutlers Spice

Shapla

Butlers

Ayeshas

All the above are way better than Akbars.

I concur.

One of the old favourites of mine in the 80's/ early 90's was Everest. Now that is a place that has gone downhill big-time.

I like East and West on Abbeydale Road because they serve very different south Indian food like Idly rice and dall cakes with a sambal. The Dosas look like huge rolled up scrolls and you can see them making these giant pancake breads which is a work of art and they fill them with your choice of main and serve with interesting sides.

My main gripe about most Indian restaurants is the beer is usually pretty uninspiring. Some places like the Radhuni on London road let you take your own. I usually take a couple of India Pale Ales. Also the Panahar in Nether Green is opposite the Rising Sun which has a fantastic selection of real ales and decent lagers and they let you take your drinks across to the restaurent. Oh yes and the food's good too especially the Sunday evening buffet at the Panahar.