The Arches... and the ring road

jake

One of the great ongoing "my mate reckons" sagas of the last year or two is whats happening with the Arches - one of the stories doing the rounds was that it was being refurbished for an autumn opening.

I walked past it the other week and there seemed to be some serious building work being done around it - presumeably in connection with the new inner ring road - and the buidling looked very vacant. Anyone any idea what is actually going on?

Not sure what is going on with the Arches but the work has started on the ring road link. Cracks have been found in one of the arches (could have the club one but not certain), they have shored it up with piles of rubble making Walker Street a dead end I believe.

Originally posted by Agent ****

The Headcharge crew recently had a party at the arches, though it was across the road. I was there, so not one of the 'my mate reckons' stories!

The place Jamie threw the party was a differnt venue to the Arches we all knew & loved. Everyone said it was good small venue - but i was trying to find out about the *actual* Arches club...

Archived