Vatican spreading lies about condoms

Not very, it would seem. I read that one of the reasons for the AIDS epidemic in Africa is the belief that HIV sufferers will be cured if they rape an infant :confused:

that's all changed, in Africa at least. they did that in the 90s, found out it doesn't work, then started using rubber. and it's working. as is evidenced by the new cases of aids in many African countries going down. on the flip of that cases are rising in the west. but that's just because people think it's a 'developing world' thing.

the Vatican is being irresponsible though, even with the 'only male prostitutes can...' thing.

that's all changed, in Africa at least. they did that in the 90s, found out it doesn't work, then started using rubber. and it's working. as is evidenced by the new cases of aids in many African countries going down. on the flip of that cases are rising in the west. but that's just because people think it's a 'developing world' thing.

the Vatican is being irresponsible though, even with the 'only male prostitutes can...' thing.

In South Africa the myth that sex with a virgin will cure one of HIV/AIDS still prevails which is why infants and children are raped. The use of condoms by black Africans in South Africa is very low, as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure about other African countries. This is not helped by the idiot president having sex with prostitutes then taking a shower post-coitus as a preventative measure.:roll:

Thought I would find the oldest thread I could which I posted on and this was it!

The subject does not seems to have progressed much in 7 years but the pope has been thinking about it!

:)

Wrong religion. - Are you thinking of Buddhism?

When this thread was started the Pope was John Paul ll.

He's dead.

The present Pope is a different person. He's not the Dalai Lama. He's not a reincarnation.

Benedict XVl's thoughts do not follow on from those of his predecessor.:hihi:

Know what the single largest agency is in Africa fighting AIDS and helping the victims?

The Catholic Church.

Well, since the teachings of the Catholic Church regarding contraception have been a causal factor in the Aids epidemic in Africa, its only fair that the Church does something to help the victims.

Well, since the teachings of the Catholic Church regarding contraception have been a causal factor in the Aids epidemic in Africa, its only fair that the Church does something to help the victims.

Success of stopping the transmission of AIDS with condom use = 90%

Success of stopping the transmission of AIDS via abstinence

= 100%

Success of stopping the transmission of AIDS with condom use = 90%

Success of stopping the transmission of AIDS via abstinence

= 100%

Your calculations take no account of human nature (the Catholic Church does take account of human nature, but only by seeking to transform it, through the imposition of ridiculous rules, into something it is not)

Archived