Npower on Sunday - faulty gas meter has left us without heating

Hi, don't know if anyone has ever had a similar problem and found a solution. I am with Npower and for the last month our gas meter has been tripping out everytime we go to put credit on it, CALL HELP is displayed and the gas is shut off (Really bad time of year to be left without heating), unfortunately we need to call Npower direct for them to authorise a tech' from national grid to call and sort it, all good until you realise that Npower are shut on Sunday so we now have to make a 3yr old go without any form of heating and decent hot food until sometime tomorrow.

Has anyone else been there, done that and found the solution.

Cheers all....

Hi,

I am also with Npower and I have had to have my meter changed 3 times in a year, due to it just deciding not to work. It hapened on christmas eve, they told us they wouldnt be able to send anyone til after boxing day due to us not being an emergency case (because we thought our fire worked) when we tried it,it didnt! So I alled them straight back and they then said they would send someone out within the hour. The very nice gent come withing 30minutes ha to change our meter again!! But we finally had gas back on. I do remember 1 time we had also tried to call them on a Sunday and was closed. I think we rung National Grid direct an got someone out. Just ring everyone you have to. They can not leave you without any heating with a young child. Just get on everyones case and someone will come out. I think someone else deals with Npowers calls on a weekend but I cant remember who sorry!!

But just a thought, are you with a housing ass or anything because they have their own gas people also that could possibly come out.

I have tried national grid plenty of times in the past and get told the same thing over and over again, 'we cannot authorise someone to call, you need to contact your supplier' which is all well and good, if my supplier is open which it isn't....I've explained that we have a 3yr old daughter and also tried to explain, just incase they weren't aware that the temperature is below freezing, but they couldn't care less....

• 6 months later...

its Sunday today and my meter is going dodgy and wont accept my card. n power are closed and i have phoned every number as we have a 8 month old and a two year old. eventually after hours on the phone some ones coming out. in the next four hours. so i suggest keep trying and there's noway to get hold of n power so don't try. they can't leave you with kids without heating so persevere

its Sunday today and my meter is going dodgy and wont accept my card. n power are closed and i have phoned every number as we have a 8 month old and a two year old. eventually after hours on the phone some ones coming out. in the next four hours. so i suggest keep trying and there's noway to get hold of n power so don't try. they can't leave you with kids without heating so persevere

I doubt very much they will still be trying since they started in january!?!

Archived