Meadowhead history

Popchick

The only old photo l got is of a barn that stood on the land where my parents house is, it was built in 1937 that was on Little Norton Lane, which all the area was farmland in those days, of course there is a lot of info about Graves Park and the Graves family, also Norton Church which has been there should think over hundred years ago, my parents got married their in 1937. Meadowhead was also the terminus for the old tramways that ran between Meadowhead and Firth Park.

Thanks. i have recently moved to the area opposite graves park and am hoping to research the history of the house and have been trying to find info via the web. Next stop is the library.:bigsmile:

My mum who's in her '80's says that her grandparents bought a newly-built house on Meadowhead opposite the entrance to Graves Park, I'll ask her an approximate date.

I'd be interested in knowing about it myself as I'm doing my family history.

Thanks. i have recently moved to the area opposite graves park and am hoping to research the history of the house and have been trying to find info via the web. Next stop is the library.:bigsmile:

Half way down meadowhead just below the pitch and put you will find remains of an old amphitheater. It looks like something like that anyway.

Half way down meadowhead just below the pitsh and put you will find remains of an old amphitheater. It looks like something like that anyway.

Yes thats right, when l was a kid we used to play on there, once we watched a play there. Thanks for this thread is taking me back to my childhood memories.

Archived