Meadowhead history

Popchick

Have you been to the Local History Library in town ? They have all the street directories going back to the 1800's - you would be able to look up your address and locate all previous occupiers. Try contacting the local free magazine Active8 - I can remember seeing old photos of the shops at Meadowhead in the 1930's - 40's

24, Hutcliffe Wood Road Tel: - 2357777

Have you been to the Local History Library in town ? They have all the street directories going back to the 1800's - you would be able to look up your address and locate all previous occupiers. Try contacting the local free magazine Active8 - I can remember seeing old photos of the shops at Meadowhead in the 1930's - 40's

24, Hutcliffe Wood Road Tel: - 2357777

would this be at the central library?

The only old photo l got is of a barn that stood on the land where my parents house is, it was built in 1937 that was on Little Norton Lane, which all the area was farmland in those days, of course there is a lot of info about Graves Park and the Graves family, also Norton Church which has been there should think over hundred years ago, my parents got married their in 1937. Meadowhead was also the terminus for the old tramways that ran between Meadowhead and Firth Park.

St James' Church, Norton was certainly there in 1813, afaik, it was older than that (1300s?). it's got strong associations with Chantrey, the Artist and Sculptor.

St James' Church, Norton was certainly there in 1813, afaik, it was older than that (1300s?). it's got strong associations with Chantrey, the Artist and Sculptor.

Think it's Norman - not sure of dates though.

Archived