Free laptops and broadband for poor families!

Vote for the Rat.. I will guarantee a 12 hour working week for everyone and £300 a week in the bank for everyone, with shopping discounts arranged for food and beer at all local food distribution centers. ciggies and other luxuries like bidet wash will be heavilly taxed.. All will become clear when the "Rat" takes over the reigns... you know it makes no sense ;):D:D

Where was my free computer/laptop/broadband when I was growing up??? I didn't even touch a computer before starting my first job.

Point being, a computer/laptop/broadband is not a necessity, it's a luxury. For people like me who never had one as a youngster, if i wanted access to draw up a CV, write a job application etc, I got off my can and went to my local library to use one.

I have a laptop now because I worked hard to pay for it myself.

Where is the incentive for people to go out to work an earn a decent living these days? It's no wonder there's so many work shy out there.

Exactly this government has never really given people an incentive to earn a decent living. They tax you more if you earn more money and give it to the workshy.

Just when you think the labour government can't sink any lower, it's now deciding it's going to give away free laptops and broadband connections to families who can't be bothered to work for a living.

Nowt wrong with that,I'd give em a car,house and holidays abroad so they can experience what working hard can get them.

Just when you think the labour government can't sink any lower, it's now deciding it's going to give away free laptops and broadband connections to families who can't be bothered to work for a living.

Nowt wrong with that,I'd give em a car,house and holidays abroad so they can experience what working hard can get them.

Using that logic they're getting it without hard work...:confused:

I really do wonder how long these laptops will last.

Will they be looked after, or will little Keanu throw the thing at the wall when his ADHD (undiagnosed) gets a bit out of control after he gets insulted on Facebook?

Who will pick up the cost for 'accidental' damage to these units, or will they just get replaced, or even worse just forgotten about?

We have the Russell Group stating that the cuts to university funding could bring an education system, that over 800 years has become a gold standard, to it's knees within 6 months.

Yet Winky Mc Clown thinks it's much better to have £300 Million pounds worth of kit on ebay within the next 12 months...

Originally Posted by GordonBennet

You could be on to something there, if their education is suffering by not having a laptop then surely they are suffering by not having a car to get to extra curricular activities and they are not having their minds broadened by foreign travel.

Yep a new car and two weeks abroad for everyone out of work, surely the tax payer wouldn’t begrudge such basic necessities :rolleyes:

Archived