Free laptops and broadband for poor families!

I was in a shop on fargate today and in half an hour there were about 20 of these, it must be costing the government a fortune! there was one foreign bloke shouting at the poor lass as the laptop he recieved was not very good, he was demanding a better one, but not willing to contribute towards it, she told him that he would have to contact the people operating the scheme, he told her its her job and he no speak good english, she must call, he was that rude i nearly told him where to go myself. in fact most of them appeared to be foreign and really quite rude.

I would love a free laptop paid for by the government.

Which shop on Fargate was this?

As far as I can see, the only approved national supplier under this scheme is Comet, and they dont have a shop on Fargate.

Here's a list of approved suppliers for the scheme, most are names I haven't heard of

http://news.becta.org.uk/display.cfm?resID=41861

dazzler, any update on which shop you were in?

How do you know these 'foreigners' were beneficiaries of the Home Access Scheme, dazzler?

because they had one person specifically dealing with them at the counter and they were all there with their letters and cards out and ready.

i am a friend of a manager of the store that processes them, he wasnt that bothered as they count as sales towards their targets but make them no money.

yep the only place you can get a laptop in sheffield is comet queens rd and drakehouse retail park

nope! many high street retailers sell them, my place doesnt nor does it do the hca scheme, thats why i noticed it.

Have I gone somewhere that I don't know my friend. Kindly tell me where you think I have gone? Then just read the other posts questioning the fictional account given by our friend dazzler and judge for yourself.

I would be interested in dazzler's explanation of how his story adds up, unless of course you want to have a go at making excuses for him?

I still think you and your other friend are paid to do this job of trolling this forum.

I dont have to explain myself, but i was in the shop sorting out an issue with something i had purchsed, i was sat at a desk close by the counter, i was actually in there nearly and hour, but during that time, i saw what i saw! it was not ALL foreigners, just the majority.

I dont have to explain myself, but i was in the shop sorting out an issue with something i had purchsed, i was sat at a desk close by the counter, i was actually in there nearly and hour, but during that time, i saw what i saw! it was not ALL foreigners, just the majority.

way to backpedal...

Archived