Best Restaurants in Sheffield..

Yiderlier

My niece worked at The Champagne Bar (walnut club) on Eccy Rd & she said the chefs were filthy.. sweating in the gravy & such, dropping food on the floor & using it... I'd never eat there.

Try Rafters Restaurant on Oakbrook rd. Top notch food. Also Milanos just off Abbeydale Rd is also very, very good. Loch Fyne is good for seafood as is The Mediterranean. Good Japanese food, go to Wasabisabi. The Deli Junction at the Old Totley Station used to be really good for Indian food but not been there for a while... is it still open?

Hope this helps

Rgds zl

I am very disappointed to see this thread on the forum. I have to say that this is untrue, we have impeccable food standards and hygiene at both of our restaurants.

Both Restaurants are rated in the Michelin guide and offer menus that are affordable and Quality with our 5-10-5 menu just being £5 for starters/desserts and £10 for mains.

We would never let our chefs behave in this manner, all are trained professionals.

On a different note i am pleased to announce our Sheffield site is now the cities first live cabaret and dining venue after our licence was granted in Dec 09. The doors open after refurbishment again this weekend and everyone is welcome.

We look forward in welcoming everyone.

Thanks

Craig Macfarlane

General Manager

I am very disappointed to see this thread on the forum. I have to say that this is untrue, we have impeccable food standards and hygiene at both of our restaurants.

Both Restaurants are rated in the Michelin guide and offer menus that are affordable and Quality with our 5-10-5 menu just being £5 for starters/desserts and £10 for mains.

We would never let our chefs behave in this manner, all are trained professionals.

On a different note i am pleased to announce our Sheffield site is now the cities first live cabaret and dining venue after our licence was granted in Dec 09. The doors open after refurbishment again this weekend and everyone is welcome.

We look forward in welcoming everyone.

Thanks

Craig Macfarlane

General Manager

Got to say I'm inclined to agree with Craig here. Heresay such as that posted by zombielover is just harmful - I can't see somewhere which is rated so highly having chefs behaving like that. Chefs in decent restaurants generally set themselves very high standards - nobody from pot-washers, to waiters to fellow chefs would tolerate that sort of behaviour.

However, I agree with the rest of zombielover's recommendations! I'm also pleased to note nobody has mentioned Nonnas - terrible, rude service and over-priced although reasonably good food (had far better in Sheffield).

With all due respect to Craig, how can you say with all certainty that this was untrue. No restaurant manager is in the kitchen watching over staff all the time. This isn't a hate campaign or anything Craig & from what I understand you weren't the restaurant manager at the time. I'm just saying what I was told in good faith, by a former employee who, by the way, doesn't have an axe to grind or anything & she didn't leave under a cloud But I don't want to dwell on it because to everyone else, it's hearsay. I'm only as good as the info I get given.

brianthedog's right about Nonna's, I eat there in '09 & with a colleague & we both had the same dish. lasagne, one was clearly from the day before. The waitress was more than rude when I complained.

My wife also had a rude waitress in Nonna's... keep away!

brianthedog's right about Nonna's, I eat there in '09 & with a colleague & we both had the same dish. lasagne, one was clearly from the day before. The waitress was more than rude when I complained.

My wife also had a rude waitress in Nonna's... keep away!

I used to rate Nonna's for it's food - about 3 years ago 4 of us went and 2 of us had the same fillet steak dish - the steak was dreadful, full of gristle and fat, when I complained they just shrugged their shoulders. Not been in since.

Best Restaurants....?

Morans, Marco at Milano, Platillos, Milestone, Wasabisabi on the more expensive side.

Vietnamese Noodle Bar, Zeugma, East & West, Forum for something on the cheaper side.

Also recently ate at the restaurant in Losehill House Hotel, Hope. Had a very good meal there. Does Hope count?

Archived