The Old York - Broomhill

mike142sl

So, after all the speculation last year the place is now empty and desolate. Does anyone know who the new owner/s are and what their plans are for the place. It takes a prominant position in Broomhill and it's hard to think of it as anything else except at Pub, but we are told it won't be?

Perhaps a Hotel again?, or how about a new location for the local Library? they wanted to move a few years ago so you never know.

What are your theories?

Even better, I still miss the Beafeater up at Crosspool (Kings Head) which was demolished for a block of flats.

It was just a conversation I had with another bar owner before Goldenfleece took it on.

They were considering turning it into a steak house, dont know if they know that the lease is up for grabs again...

It was just a conversation I had with another bar owner before Goldenfleece took it on.

They were considering turning it into a steak house, dont know if they know that the lease is up for grabs again...

To the best of my knowledge the building may be available to rent from the current owners, Thornsett Properties... there is a notice in the window and a phone number for 'all enquiries'.

However, anyone who wants to re-open this as a pub please note, the cellar has been stripped bare, there is NOTHING left to operate as a pub business whatsoever. Anyone wanting to run this as a pub would need to make a huge investment in complete coolers, dispensing systems, bar fittings, the full monty, and this is a substantial investment. Kitchen, bar, rooms, cellar, office, etc has been cleared of every single fitting that could be taken...it really is just a shell now. We even took the light bulbs and all the light fittings as there were ours!

I perhaps see this as a restaurant, but this is pure speculation and as stated, requires a massive investment. Not for me, and not in Broomhill.

Archived