Car Problem .. any idea?

I think "at best" might be something along the lines of: there was some grit stuck under the arch that was rattling, will clear itself, nothing to worry about.

My initial advice was “live with it a while until you can be a bit more precise.” Unscrupulous garages just love customers that walk in and say “ I’ve got a noise, I don’t know what it is can you fix it” , it’s a licence to print money.

My initial advice was “live with it a while until you can be a bit more precise.” Unscrupulous garages just love customers that walk in and say “ I’ve got a noise, I don’t know what it is can you fix it” , it’s a licence to print money.
Excellent advice Malky but does the OP have breakdown cover ?? Call them out and get a diagnosis for free, the op can then price up accordingly without getting the usual foooooooooo (sharp intake of breath) its gonna be expensive that love... just a thought like ;)

• 6 months later...

I had something similar on my car. It turned out to be a ceramic cover for something in the wheel housing that had cracked. I took it off and the rattle stopped :)

Or it could be your shocks. Sheffield is not known as pothole city for nothing you know.

Archived