Lions Lair - The Little Gem of Sheffield

johndixon

yeah deano has your hats

I do indeed, i sent a message to Grownys and Chris t'other week to let them know.

Did deano1889 bit take John Dixons residency when he left?

I was a Lions residents before John left for Sanc and so it was just a case of filling in the vacant nights which i then later gave up as 3-6am each and every Friday plus the odd Sat was starting to take it toll.

The last time i came in you were raising money for Help for Heroes, which i thought was ace.

That was for a night that i run called Igloo

Thanks for all the support which helped raise £203 in total. Pictures are up, just go to http://www.Igloomusic.info

You all seem to have got a little over excited! There was nothing about Lions in my statement, it was merely about Johns promotion of somewhere that a year ago he left, and now promotes a night with 4 DJ's that were already there!

What people seem to have forgotten that had myself and a friend not opened it a year ago in March last year it would still be closed, so as much as you want to put blame or talk about bitterness etc without me none of it would be there now! Or would any of the great nights we had there ever have happened. Along with the bar at Gay Pride that helped generate £1600 ish to go back in to the kitty for this years event, did anyone else donate that much money or effort?

I know I have nothing to do with it now, or visit, but lets face it the pub trade is on its arse everywhere and neither there or the Devonshire were going to make me rich, so now I work for someone else, I dont though think that should stop me from having an opinion.

Fair enough mate you did start Lions off a while back and I salute you...but the current of owners (G & A) have made MASIIVE changes since you left and have turned the place around. They have put so much effort into gettin the place where it is now and is even better than ever, so I wouldn't take all the credit for Lions being a success. The sound system (which is ace), the DJ box, the lazers, the monster smoke machine is all down to the new style of runnin of the place and has really made an impact making club nights there top notch!

Also James...I've always been on good terms with you mate and when we worked together at Lions we got on well. I don't know why you went through all that effort to slag off my promotion earlier in this post...think its a bit bad of you to be entirely honest. What have I done to upset you cus you obviously have it in for me!???

Yes I'm promoting Lions and if anyone else was in my shoes you would be doing the same. I'm also being entierly honest...I do honestly think that its become the "Little Gem of Sheffield" on the (electro, tech house etc) clubbing scene and also for those people who like to party until the early hours.

I'll be playing at Lions from 3am - 6am THIS FRIDAY!!! - Bit more promotion for ya.... ha ha :hihi:

If I remember at the time the management of Lions as a whole was annoyed when he left and I heard several conversations that are not quite supporting the line of 'its business' etc ! More like Judas!

Lions Lair has turned straight , the only real businessmen are Xes and Dempseys they have kept their businesses going the longest and it is their main income source.

No, I was there at the time when John left and i certainly never used the word Judas. You heard these conversations? Hmmm thats sceptical.

Has turned straight? I'm sorry, do you run the place?! A large percentage of our 5pm-12am crowd are regular gay scene goers. i admit that the afterparties see a lot of straight people, but we still get a decent amount of gay guys and girls in for them, especially after climax when we offer free entry to all those with a climax ticket to try and help the scene goers out a bit... which by the way is when John Dixon is playing this friday 3-6am! Wooo advertising!

So gayinsider... thanks for your input but please keep to the facts!

What people seem to have forgotten that had myself and a friend not opened it a year ago in March last year it would still be closed, so as much as you want to put blame or talk about bitterness etc without me none of it would be there now! Or would any of the great nights we had there ever have happened. Along with the bar at Gay Pride that helped generate £1600 ish to go back in to the kitty for this years event, did anyone else donate that much money or effort?

Yes you did open it, but please don't forget the whole reason afterparties took off at all was down to myself and andrew putting in a huge financial investment to install a sound system and lights etc, also buying out your original partner to keep the place running. Since you left in may 08 even more money has been invested to make it what it is now... longer opening hours, more dj's, more products and better prices etc. Our parting was awkward, and we've had confrontations since, but i still do respect you for what you started.

No-one is denying you helped the pride lot out, well done for that anyway.

Finally, of course you're entitled to your opinion.

Fair enough mate you did start Lions off a while back and I salute you...but the current of owners (G & A) have made MASIIVE changes since you left and have turned the place around. They have put so much effort into gettin the place where it is now and is even better than ever, so I wouldn't take all the credit for Lions being a success. The sound system (which is ace), the DJ box, the lazers, the monster smoke machine is all down to the new style of runnin of the place and has really made an impact making club nights there top notch!

Sorry but lasers, smoke machine and DJ box were all done whilst I was there, they may have been built by Graham but they aren't new to the new management!

Also James...I've always been on good terms with you mate and when we worked together at Lions we got on well. I don't know why you went through all that effort to slag off my promotion earlier in this post...think its a bit bad of you to be entirely honest. What have I done to upset you cus you obviously have it in for me!???

I wouldn't call it have it in for, I just found your lack of loyalty to somewhere that had helped you run nights distasteful. For the sake of a few quid you went to Sanctaury, banged on about their nights non-stop via here and facebook tried creating new nights such as sin, then as soon as it closed went running back to Lions, personally I would never had you play again, but what they do now is up to them.

I was there when we hired Carl, I found Tyronnster, Phillipa approached Rich Williams from Speedqueen and I got Edwin, so basically Robofunk is a logo on what was already running, it is a bit boring to hear you bang on about how great it is and how you created it when really you didn't, apart from maybe having dancers. On top of that it was me that fought to keep Ty and Edwin when their style of music was questioned by others, but as you say they are now popular so my opinion was clearly right.

Archived